ZF Senior Engineer - Forging/Forming in Northville, Michigan
Senior Engineer - Forging/Forming
Position Summary:The Sr. Cost Engineer – Forgings & Formings is responsible for performing cost engineering analysis and providing technical expertise and guidance to Cost Engineering personnel and commodity/program purchasing organizations throughout cost analysis activities in order to support the product development process as well as manufacturing process validations. This position serves as a technical expert and primary point of contact for internal customers, departmental personnel, and project or program personnel with regards to the definition, standardization and continuous development of group wide Cost Engineering principles, methods, and processes relating to Forgings & Formings commodities.
• Support of Product Cost Engineering and the cross functional team (e.g. SE Simultaneous Engineering team) during the Product Development Process with specific Technology know how for Concept evaluations and Product benchmarks.
• Generation of Best-Practice-Product Cost Calculations considering a Total Cost approach.
• Execution of internal and external Manufacturing process validations (Brown-Field examinations) and evaluation of the Cost performance in the Commodity Forgings and Formings.
• Continuous development of a technology-specific cost structure analysis throughout the entire product lifecycle.
• Identification of measures for optimization of Cost structures.
• Direct responsibility for the demonstration and negotiation of Cost structures, based on Best Practice Cost calculations, with suppliers and customers.
• Support the establishment of a group wide technology-specific knowledge base.
• Calculation of the Cost impact associated with technical changes.
• Continuous development of group wide Cost Engineering Reference-processes.
• Continuous development of tools in Cost Engineering (e.g. technology-specific fast calculators).
• Execution of trainings (globally) within the CE organization and with interface partners (e.g. Purchasing) for Technology Forgings and Formings.
• Managing and steering of international and cross functional projects.
• Participate in continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, formal training, reviewing professional publications, establishing and expanding professional networks, and participating in professional societies.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• 7-8+ years of similar experience such as Cost Engineer, Production Engineering, etc.
• Willingness to continuously keep knowledge at a state of the art/best practice level
• Distinct analytical capabilities, solution oriented, accurate and self-dependent way of working
• Supportive, ability to work in teams, strong communication skills in an international context and a high acceptance for travelling
• Knowledge in Project Management
• Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally (30%)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Experience in the automotive industry
• German and/or Spanish language skills
• Master’s Degree in Engineering
ZF North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ZF North America, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. ZF North America, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ZF North America, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.