ZF Global Language Center Project Leader in Northville, Michigan
Global Language Center Project Leader
ZF Global Language Center Leader for North and South America (NA&SA)
Job Description: The Leader is responsible for the day-to-day management of customers’ language service orders according to customer requirements and ZF HR Operations Center, the Global Language Center (HOCL) standards and supervision of the ZF NA&SA project specialist. Reporting line to HOCL Germany.
• Supervises, tracks, documents and feedbacks the processing of customer service deliveries completed by the NA&SA project specialist and includes the jobs processed by the other translation project management service providers in her/his portfolio planning.
• Provides feedback/statistics to Friedrichshafen HOCL as agreed (targets, KPIs & amendments, business planning process).
• Is responsible for staff qualification, use and allocation of capacities and skills as well as CIP (continuous improvement process).
• Supervises, tracks, documents the performance of suppliers and proofreaders in NA&SA (within the ZF organization as well as outside of the ZF organization, with the respective local suppliers).
• Ensures local-to-local translation business, building networks both inside and outside the company to ensure smooth processing of: translation, interpreting, post-editing, trans-creation, terminology management & service tasks.
• With the respective supplier manager, ensures that the supplier matrix for NA&SA is up-to-date, gaps for missing language pairs/subjects are closed gradually and quality of performance is documented and tracked.
• In close cooperation with Purchasing and HOCL FRD, supports negotiations with vendors of the different disciplines for NA&SA and provides market-oriented input on terms & conditions.
• Establishes and expands the proofreading & terminology work network for NA&SA in the different disciplines and supports the updating of MT (machine translation) inputs/training (Tessa expert access).
• With approx. 25% of her/his capacities, she/he performs operational business of the ZF NA&SA Global Language Center Educational background and professional experience
• Experienced project manager for HR, business admin, IT, Legal, Purchasing, Accounting, preferably team lead
• Bachelor’s degree and 3 years on the job experience, preferably as project manager / lead OR degree in engineering/communication and/or admin business-related with 3 to 6 years’ experience on the job including team lead function or similar role
• Demonstrate solid to highly experienced know-how in operational business (language-related or any other business, see above) like services/project management processes and methodologies, preferably as team lead / chief project manager
• Demonstrate experience of successfully managing customer relationships at operations level, including difficult situations, conflicts and complaints (complaint management)
• Demonstrate organized management skills for documenting procedural business changes, passing / embedding such information to / at operations level, etc. and people management skills, assigning tasks according to experience/potential/skills while balancing capacities, Excellent self-starting and organizational skills (to meet, assign, mitigate issues relating to tight deadlines and organize heavy workloads or complex project situations…)
• Strong communication skills (email, phone, presentations, preparing documentation for management review meetings)
• Language skills: good-excellent knowledge of English and SA language possibly (if not yet good, willingness to improve) and/or additional languages are an asset (German)
• Demonstrated ability to work individually or as part of a local or virtual team with direct reporting line to Germany HOCL mgmt.
• Good to very good knowledge of commonly used computer desktop applications and services (e.g. MS Office, production applications, publishing SW, Adobe Acrobat, Internet, …) and, as an asset, of computer translation tools (e.g. across*, TRADOS, or similar TMS …)
• Willingness to travel
• Experienced project manager or translation / language background, or any other technical/specialist function preferably with team lead for customer projects.
ZF North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ZF North America, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. ZF North America, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ZF North America, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.