ZF Financial Analyst in Northville, Michigan
The Financial Analyst is responsible for performing financial and/or accounting analyses of the general ledger for the North American Region (RN), as defined in the Service Level Agreement (SLA), in addition to reviewing, preparing, and analyzing account master data, GL journal entries, SAP monthly reports, and completing special accounting projects to ensure timely and accurate financial compliance with all internal (company) and external (regulatory) requirements.
• Work with other Accounting Service Center (ASC) personnel in a team environment to ensure compliance with ZF standardized processes/policy and external financial standards/regulations (e.g. IFRS)
• Process monthly journal entry transactions as defined in the SLA Annex including accruals and provisions.
• Post journal entry transactions as prepared and provided by the location to the ASC Accounting department.
• Post payroll journal entry transactions as prepared by the ASC Payroll department
• Perform account clearing function; post month-end revaluation entry.
• Review financial statements for any additional reclassification and/or ensure accrual of entries needed to close the financial period.
• Assist with the preparation and review the accuracy of month-end statistical uploads
• Process month-end close uploads within the consolidation system of SAP.
• Support the location with responses and corrective action development with regards to internal audits.
• Serve as a primary liaison of the General Ledger team for external audits.
• Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
• Provide support and assistance with preparation of documents/reports for the interim and year-end external audits.
• Provide financial guidance and/or developmental/compliance support for any new process implementations.
• Participate in continuous improvement programs and promote team efforts and objectives.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, formal training, reviewing professional publications, establishing and expanding professional networks, and participating in professional societies.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
• 3-5+ years of experience as a financial analyst, accountant, or comparable experience in a finance function
• Experience working as a financial/business interface to operational customers as defined by a service level agreement (SLA) and/or performance / customer satisfaction expectations
• Working knowledge of ad-hoc financial analysis and the generation of monthly executive-level financial reports (e.g. profitability and forecasts)
• Proficient with Microsoft Office® (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Solid organizational and project management abilities
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
• Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel and management
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with a customer-oriented approach
• English language competency – both written and oral
Preferred Skills and experience:
• 3+ year of experience in the Automotive industry or international durable goods manufacturing industry
• 3+ years of experience working in a shared services environment
• 3+ years of SAP FI experience
• German and/or Spanish language skills
ZF North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ZF North America, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. ZF North America, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ZF North America, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.