Grant Thornton LLP People and Culture-Senior Associate in New York, New York
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 42,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Human Resources Generalist-Sr. Associate
The Human Resources Talent Generalist (HRTG) serves as the HR/Talent “co-pilot” and business partner to the Office Managing Partner or National SL/ functional leader. The HRTG is responsible for collaborating with the National People & Culture operational and functional areas (HR Operations, Compensation/Benefits, National Talent Acquisition, Strategic Learning, Employee Relations, and Diversity & Inclusion), CMO’E’s, and the Market HR Talent Manager & Director. The HR Talent Generalist is responsible for providing distinctive service to their business clients, employees, and Partners within the market/office/group.
This role is responsible for “high touch” people experiences, such as new hire orientation/onboarding, performance management, retention practices, employee issues, and general HR/Talent programs for the client base supported.
The HRTG serves as a key member of the HR/Talent infrastructure in the support of firm-wide HR/Talent goals and objectives, and works with Partners and Talent team to manage HR/Talent risk and monitor AAP / EEO and other regulatory compliance.
CoreResponsibilities: * Become knowledgeable and supportive of the strategy of the firm, regional practices, and the business priorities of the market/office/group. * Under general direction of more experienced HR/Talent leader, supports general HR/Talent programs including policy & employment law compliance, compensation and benefits administration, new hire orientation/onboarding, employee relations, and performance management. * Proactively interacts with the line Partners or functional leaders to strategically identify local office or functional HR/ Talent goals and objectives to ensure they are consistent with the business goals of the firm. * Oversees the market/office/group execution of all general HR/Talent programs including the following: performance management, training, employment law compliance, compensation and benefits administration, new hire orientation/onboarding, employee relations, and retention, consulting with HR/Talent leader as appropriate. * Coordinates and partners with other HR/Talent teams including Talent Acquisition, Resource Management, Strategic Learning, and Compensation and Benefits. * Manages, mentors, and coaches local office and or area HR/Talent staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate will be:
- A business-minded HR/Talent professional with several years of increasingly responsible HR/Talent responsibilities with demonstrated ability to thrive in a culture that is collaborative, service-oriented, and consultative.
- A functional HR/Talent specialist who delivers services with a pragmatic approach to business partnership and operations.
- Experienced in prioritization and negotiationwith demonstrated ability to be effective in supporting multiple business leaders/partners working across different business units.
- Collaborative and action-oriented, with ability to influence outcomes and lead change.
- Confident with strong personal initiative and someone who is willing to get out in the field, roll up their sleeves, and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Operationally focused with ability to think strategically and deliver tactically.
Metrics-focused with ability to use analytics to solve problems and develop solutions.
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
Bachelor’s degree in related field
- PHR or SPHR certification desirable
- Past experience functioning as an HR/Talent Generalist preferably within consulting or professional services environment
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- A reputation for discretion, integrity, judgment, responsiveness, strong attention to detail and common sense
- Solid PC skills with proficiency in MS Office Proficiency Standards for fully functioning HR/Talent Generalist:
HR Expertise(The knowledge of principles, practices, and functions of effective human resources management)
- Working knowledge of relevant state and federal laws, legal rulings, and regulations with awareness of implications of business actions.
- Employs standard HR operating procedures and policies, and ensures that required documentation is in place to support personnel actions.
- Shows evidence of continuous professional development appropriate for level.
- Recognizes potentialemployee relationsissues proactively, using judgment to determine when to consult with HR/Talent leadership and market/office/group leadership o Handlesbasicworkplace violation/disciplinary investigations with minimal supervision, seeking guidance when appropriate. o Serves as HR subject matter expert to managers & partners, applying compliance knowledge to protect organization o Understands when to involve functional HR subject matter experts, e.g., Compensation & Benefits, National Employee Relations, Mobility, etc.Uses core business and HR specific technologies to service client base, solve problems, and identify trends.
- Implements new and consistent HR processes and programs under direction of HR/Talent leadership.
- Demonstrates a willingness and desire to learn, elevate strategic and consultative skills, and build and enhance personal brand.
- Is fully accountable for own decisions, and is able to apply judgment to decision-making based on past experiences and available data.
Relationship Management(The ability to manage interactions to provide service and to support the organization)
- Builds positive relationship with market/office/group partners and staff through trust, teamwork, and direct communication.
- Seeks opportunities to interact with business & People & Culture key stakeholders/leaders.
- Develops a strong and positive reputation as a business-focused, neutral and approachable HR professional.
- Thinks team; not self.
- Communicates and demonstrates support for HR/Talent decisions passed down even if not consistent with own point-of-view.
- Networks with HR/Talent peers, both internal and external to organization.
Consultation(The ability to provide guidance to organizational stakeholders)
- Demonstrates an understanding of the business they are supporting.
- Gathers, and when appropriate, analyzes facts and data for business solutions.
- Provides guidance to managers & partners on general HR/Talent practices, standing firm when necessary.
- Demonstrates a proactive perspective, raising issues and/or identifying patterns requiring HR/Talent solutions
- Can confidently present HR/Talent training programs/presentations.
Leadership/Influencing(The ability to direct and contribute to initiatives and processes within the organization)
- Seeks new ways to improve and recommends improvements to HR/Talent processes, transactions and outcomes.
- Implements plans, programs, policies and procedures to support the organizational culture.
- Develops and begins to exhibit leadership presence with management support at the market/office/group level
- Promotes HR/Talent capabilities to organization
- Demonstrates a decisive, flexible, and influencing style
- Begins to identify methods of achieving business goals with HR adding value.
Critical Evaluation/Thinking(The ability to interpret information to make business decisions and recommendations)
- Develops working knowledge of HR & business key statistics and metrics.
- Uses analysis, experience, logic and proven methods to objectively evaluate data and draw sound conclusions.
- Asks probing questions and makes sense of disparate information to connect the dots and bring clarity
- Identifies potential area of focus (HR technical or business) and proactively seeks to enhance knowledge and experience
- Takes ownership for managing workload to deliver high quality work in timely manner
Communication(The ability to effectively exchange information with stakeholders)
- Demonstrates awareness of others’ communication needs and adapts style with ease.
- Uses good judgment in deciding what information needs to be communicated to the appropriate levels in organization.
- Listens actively to stakeholder concerns at the operational level.
- Expresses ideas clearly and succinctly in all interactions.
- Able to coach others and provide constructive, balanced feedback.
- Writes clearly and succinctly in variety of communication settings, both formal and informal.
- Is able to facilitate workshops and meetings and conduct stand-up presentations effectively.
Business Acumen(The ability to understand and apply information to contribute to the organization’s strategic plan.)
- Develops functional knowledge of business groups supported; exhibits intellectual curiosity.
- Builds knowledge of HR metrics and business metrics including key success measurements and relationships with one another.
- Identifies inefficiencies and provides process improvement recommendations
- Develops expertise in HR and business technology tools and applications and shows ability to use efficiently.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.3 billion and operates 58 offices across the U.S., with more than 565 partners and 8,000 employees.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: People and Culture-Senior Associate
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: 040793