Grant Thornton LLP Financial Management Manager in New York, New York
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, and transform value today so that our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Grant Thornton’s Advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients.
The candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the four quadrants under the Financial Management umbrella: 1) Finance Transformation, 2) Cost and Performance Management, 3) Financial Operations, and 4) Shared Services.
Progressive Finance functions are becoming more involved in strategy and enterprise-wide performance improvement initiatives. To earn the credibility to help drive such initiatives, the Finance function itself must have its own house in order. Our Financial Management practice helps clients transform their finance and operations functions, ensuring that business processes are structured to most effectively and efficiently support business needs. This may involve implementing new technologies, introducing new service delivery models such as shared services or outsourcing, or other making other improvements that increase Finance’s value to the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive delivery of high-quality Financial Management solutions to our clients
- Perform engagement management responsibilities including supervision and oversight of Grant Thornton personnel to accomplish client project objectives
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and perform services
- Assist with business development activities, including proposals and relationship development, to help clients recognize value from our solutions
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization)
- Work closely with Grant Thornton partners and other team members to promptly identify and resolve client problems or issues
- Manage, develop, train, coach and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews
- Motivate others to perform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of the services delivered
- Interview campus and/or experienced candidates for positions at Grant Thornton
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Manage engagements to budget.
- Help develop a project vision and set challenging personal and client service team goals.
- Think strategically about practice enhancements and be able to implement and manage change.
- Handle day-to-day practice and client administrative matters (billing, performance reviews, client acceptance, engagement letter preparation, etc.)
- Coach staff and motivate others to accept new ideas, practices, or action and achieve goals and objectives
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required. MBA preferred.
- 5 years’ experience providing Financial Management solutions to clients
- Industry experience in a Finance role (such as Controller) is a plus but not required
- Project experience with one or more of the following: o Finance function transformation o Shared services implementation and/or finance function outsourcing o Cost and performance improvement in Finance and other G&A functions o Robotic process automation (actual implementation experience)
- Experience with Close-the-Books, Quote-to-Cash, Source-to-Pay, Planning/ Budgeting/ Forecasting, Financial/Management Reporting, and other business processes that intersect with the Finance function
- Experience with Finance Function Benchmarking
- PMP, CPA, Six Sigma or related certification required
- Strong analytical skills and experience helping clients develop business cases
- Experience with development of governance, controls, policies and procedures development
- Well-organized and proactive
- Good executive presence and excellent written/oral communications skills
- Solid presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong track record of relationship development
Ability to work additional hours and travel to various client sites as needed Additional Information:
Travel – up to 80% - 100% Benefits:
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visithttp://www.gt.com/.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices across the U.S., with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the United States and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Financial Management Manager
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: 041707