Stryker OnSite Specialist - Miramar, FL in Miramar, Florida
Requisition ID 29705BR
Job Title OnSite Specialist - Miramar, FL
Group MedSurg and Neurotech
Business Unit ProCare
Business Function Field Service and Support
Country United States
Employment Category Full Time
Percent Travel Required None
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better. The company offers innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. More information is available at www.stryker.com All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Job Description / Information
Utilizes a wide array of knowledge, technical skills and critical thinking abilities to facilitate job functions during surgical procedures as well as preoperative and postoperative equipment management.
• Provides clinical surgical support by managing all relevant equipment.
• Anticipates related device needs of the O.R. staff and surgeon during surgical procedures.
• Is responsible for trouble-shooting and maintaining Stryker equipment and or other related devices.
• Works with surgeons, O.R. personnel, central processing, biomedical and all other related personnel.
• Maintains knowledge base of equipment and disposable products through Stryker education training programs.
• Provide physicians and OR personnel with information on new and current products.
• Must be able to accurately and honestly record and report data metrics related to all specific job functions on a monthly basis.
• Responsible for maintaining up-to-date account information to ensure continuous high levels of service at the account.
• Accurately records and reports all surgical procedure information.
• Adheres to all Stryker and medical facility policies, standards and procedures.
• Must be able to analyze and resolve both routine and non-routine product issues expediently using independent judgment.
• The ability to provide on-call services, as required, by the medical facility.
• Bachelor’s Degree, Associate’s Degree or equivalent certifications preferred.
• Operating Room experience and demonstrated knowledge of anatomy, surgical procedures and techniques preferred.
• Applicable for Specialists working in Sterile Processing Department: IAHCSMM CRCST Certification within 6 months of start date and on time yearly renewal
• Ability to exert up to 50lbs of force occasionally and/or up to 20lbs of force to constantly move objects.
• Ability to remain standing and/or walking for an extended period of time.
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office, strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are essential.
• Excellent time management skills with ability to use independent judgment and critical thinking effectively.
• Must be able to explain and generate detailed guidelines and procedures.
• Maintain professional appearance, work ethic, and attitude required by Stryker and the medical facility.
• Adhere to (HIPAA) and other related patient confidentiality policies and procedures.
• Must have near visual acuity (corrected) color vision, mobility, bending, standing, stooping, and finger dexterity.
• Must be able to observe and correct minute inconsistencies (e.g. in the printed word, product appearance, etc.).
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent equipment problem-solving skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability