Stryker Physician Training Manager in Minnesota
Under the direction of the Director of Communications, the Physician Training Manager will be responsible to provide leadership and ownership for all lab-based and other group-based physician and staff education programs. This individual will be responsible for the program creation and execution process, from identifying information needs, to defining education goals and curriculum to meet those needs, to securing resources and executing events. This individual must bring a mindset committed to continuous improvement, ensuring the ongoing quality and relevance of our group-based training programs.
A commitment to physician education is a core value for our organization, and a key promise we make to the community we serve. This role is an important ambassador for delivering on that promise. Precise attention to detail, quality execution, superior communication and a focus on clinical excellence is essential.
The appropriate candidate will have a proven track record of deepening and growing relationships with physician faculty and a demonstrated ability to manage and change physician behavior when necessary. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can work well across the organization to optimize execution of events. The candidate must have excellent organizational and communication skills necessary to work with physicians, allied health professionals and cross functional team members to accelerate our capacity and efficacy in these key physician training programs.
Lab-Based Training Initiatives
o Define educational objectives for and curriculum to meet the needs of training participants for all lab-based training events.
o Own relationships and training execution support for faculty leading lab-based training events.
o Develop, monitor, and ensure execution of contracts and payments to faculty trainers.
o Ensure systems and processes are in place to schedule and coordinate lab-based training events, including all logistics, from site identification that meets event needs, to trainer and trainee recruitment, and outfitting lab with equipment and materials to meet educational objectives.
o Deliver excellent communication and communication tools to field to ensure proper targeting and participation for lab-based training events.
o Develop and enhance protocols to ensure successful optimization of lab-based events.
o Facilitate reporting of effectiveness of lab-based events to management.
o Facilitate payment requests after executed events.
o Drive continuous program improvement to maximize impact.
o Partner with the broader team to create content for impactful on-going faculty training to align with the up-to-date messaging, including overall strategy, therapy / product positioning and patient management.
o Identify and cultivate a rotation of available trainers to ensure program can meet the diverse needs of ENT community.
Tradeshow Group-Based Education Programs
o Manage logistics and execution of training events associated with key national tradeshows using appropriate internal and external resources.
o Lead the development and execution of definition of educational objectives and content for tradeshow group-based programs.
o Work with the broader team to secure appropriate faculty speakers as needed.
o Partner with Sales partners to ensure appropriate targeting and successful recruiting of trainees.
o Drive continuous program improvement to maximize impact.
o Devise new and creative ways to deliver group-based training to customers.
o Develop thoughtful and appropriate metrics, and own analysis and reporting to cross-functional management on results and execution against agreed goals.
o Partner with broader Marketing team to plan and execute events with physician and non-physician faculty as needed.
· BS degree in Business, Marketing, Nursing, Pharmacy, Science, Education/Training, or related field preferred.
· 7+ years in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry. Physician education, sales and/or training experience in the medical device industry strongly preferred.
· Excellent organizational verbal and communication skills.
· Passion for excellence as evidenced through proven track record of continuous improvement.
· Ability to work one-on-one with physicians while also able to coordinate efforts across the Entellus organization.
· Ability and passion to master anatomy, physiology, diseases, and clinical procedures as well as work periodically in a dissection lab environment.
· Strong clinical acumen and willingness to learn about novel products and procedures.
· Demonstrated commitment to clinical education.
· Ability to see both tactical details as well as systematic issues and opportunities for improvement.
· Demonstrated ability to operate within the compliance and regulatory guidelines.
· Willingness to be a “hands on” contributor in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization.
· Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage heavy workload.
· Self-starter with demonstrated success working independently and on high performance teams.
· Proficient knowledge of Microsoft package, particularly on Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
· Ability to handle and be trusted with confidential and/or sensitive information.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
· Ability to be flexible and to handle multiple projects in an organized, timely manner.
· Ability to communicate appropriately to all levels of the organization including Senior Management.
· Ability to problem-solve, work under pressure, and to effectively manage stress.
· Ability to travel up to 50% (actual travel to be determined by business needs).
· Able to work medical education events on weekends.
· Proactive, team player, innovative thinker.
· Personable, professional image.
· Light lifting.
Work From Home: Yes
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better. The company offers innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. More information is available at www.stryker.com