General Motors Transmission Software Controls Engineer - GPS0003663 in Milford, Michigan
At General Motors, we’repushing the possibilitiesfor tomorrow’s mobility with better, more responsive performance, intuitive technology platforms and unmatched fuel economy. With every innovation, we seek to answer “What more can be done?”—in our business, in our lives, and for our customers and communities. It’s a sense of purpose that permeates our daily lives and fills us with inspiration.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Transmission Software Controls Engineer. In this role you will be responsible for designing control strategies that support new transmission and driveline concepts that deliver on GM’s goal of World’s Best Propulsion Systems. Work deliverables include requirements definition, control algorithm development using plant models and/or hardware, in-vehicle calibration and demonstration, and production software design and release. Creative people are encouraged to join a strong team focused on leading-edge technology development.
Key Responsibilities -
- Design/develop new concepts for transmission control algorithms to support new powertrain systems
- Optimize algorithm design through modeling, simulation, data collection, and analysis
- Calibrate newly developed algorithm features/functions for performance demonstrations
- Document findings in engineering reports
- Design, Implement, Test and Release software for production controller integration
- Communicate, coordinate, and consult with engineering departments and customers
- Stay abreast of new technology and competitive products.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering and/or Mathematics
- 3+ years of experience in the development of embedded algorithm / software control systems.
- Experience in software programming in C/C++
- Experience with in-vehicle instrumentation systems and data analysis
- Demonstrated ability in Controls technology
- Creative thinking skills with a high level of analytical ability to solves problems that are complex
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively in a team environment
- High level of oral and written communication skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Powertrain controls experience
- Powertrain calibration experience
- Transmission operational knowledge
- Small group leadership experience
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow
- Experience in engineering theory and principles of operation of mechatronic control systems
- MS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science and/or Computer Engineering, or Mathematics