General Motors Engine Controller Hardware Design Responsible Engineer - GPS0003563 in Milford, Michigan
To lead in gathering, negotiating, updating and documenting controller requirements for the assigned Engine ControlModule program and be the single-point contact between GM and the supplier, and provide technical expertise during thepurchasing process.
- Manage the controller program and its supplier to ensure all requirements, documents and deliverables are met ontime with "world's best" quality.
- Execute the Process of Engineering and ensure on-time deliverables for execution milestones.
- Manage execution of the overall controller development project, track and report project progress.
- Gather controller requirements from controls stakeholders (including electrical architects, packagaing, software andmechanization engineers)
- Produce detailed controller requirements document
- Support controller sourcing activities, gathering all necessary documents and provide technical expertise duringpurchasing process
- Foster & document Best Practices to ensure high quality and reduce development lead time.
- Facilitate or lead the Controller Product Development Team (or equivalent) in managing and tracking supplierdevelopment progress.
- Facilitate requirements and design reviews with supplier
- Review and approve controller validation plans proposed by the supplier.
- Support controller warranty analysis and issue resolution activities to meet product quality targets
- Support cost savings initiatives
- Negotiate and manage changes with supplier, update controller requirements document
- Lead DFMEA activities
- Support closure of controller related problem resolution
- Support controller part restriction as required
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- Candidate must have one of the following engineering degrees: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering,Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Knowledge and 2+ years’ experience in vehicle or powertrain system development
- Demonstrated proficiency in requirements development
- Knowledge and experience in control system hardware/software implementation, integration and testing
- Knowledge of electronic hardware design and failure modes
- Knowledge of electronic module development, manufacturing and test engineering
- Knowledge of vehicle electrical systems
- Demonstrated high level of analytical ability where problems are unusual or difficult
- Knowledge of Design for Six Sigma and Red X design analysis
- Results driven individual with high levels of initiative, urgency and pro-activity
- High degree of functional / technical and program management skills
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Good business acumen, organizational and strategic agility