General Motors EGM - Propulsion System Embedded Controls (PSEC) - GPS0003666 in Milford, Michigan
At General Motors, we’repushing the possibilitiesfor tomorrow’s mobility with better, more responsive performance, intuitive technology platforms and unmatched fuel economy. With every innovation, we seek to answer “What more can be done?”—in our business, in our lives, and for our customers and communities. It’s a sense of purpose that permeates our daily lives and fills us with inspiration.
We are currently seeking a motivated candidate for an Engineering Group Manager position in GM's PSEC team at the Milford Proving Ground. The selected candidate will work on and be responsible for GM propulsion system embedded controls integration. This entails leading the development of required hardware, software, algorithms and/or calibration associated with propulsion system integration from VPI through and into production.
The position requires the need for managing to budget and resource targets while executing on-time with excellent quality. In addition to technical leadership, managerial leadership is critical in human resource development of the overall team assuring career development and training plans are established for each employee.
Responsible for integration of propulsion system embedded controls (PSEC). This work could include propulsion system design, development, calibration and/or verification testing of software, hardware, and algorithms to meet or exceed VTS and powertrain SSTS requirements.
Role & Responsibilities :
- Develop and execute strategic action plans to support the business plan, mission and goals of the Propulsion System Embedded Controls (PSEC) team
- Allocate resources based on budget and program requirements
- Define asset requirements to meet development and verification test plans
- Coordination with other program team and controls leadership in execution of application specific propulsion system controls integration
- Monitor and adjust development and verification test plans to ensure on-time completion with high quality for all responsible program deliverables
- Provide necessary tools for employees to get their job done.
- Ensure proper, safe test methods are utilized during development and verification testing
- Provide open and effective lines of communication between management, employees, peers and customers. Communication of results and status of testing to management/program team.
- Comply with Problem Resolution Tracking System (PRTS) guidelines for program specific issues
- Ensure effective communications of technical issues to customers and stakeholders
- Assure appropriate/accurate documentation of development/verification work done by the team
- Support integration vehicle, Man Val, and production builds
- Support resolution of vehicle, plant, durability/dyno, or customer issues
- Lead/Participate in development trips and related test activities
- Lead the human resource development for specified team of propulsion system embedded controls engineers
- Mentor PSEC development engineers
- Lead in selection of new employees
- Create and maintain a Career Development Plan for each employee
- Develop a training plan for each employee
- Implement best practices and processes for area of responsibility
- Adhere to all Safety Precautions and Requirements, and treat safety as the top priority during all work activities
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering and/or Mathematics (ME or EE preferred)
- Minimum 8 years of propulsion system development and/or controls integration experience
- Minimum 10 years of engineering experience
- Exhibit high level of communication skills oral and written
- Demonstrated strong organizational, planning and leadership skills
- High level of analytical capability where problems are unusual and complex
- Independent worker requiring little direction, and works well in a team environment
- Quick learner, able to handle planned and unplanned work, and able to handle multiple projects/programs
- Project leadership experience and interpersonal skills to motivate others and ensure program deliverables are met on time
- Ability to lead and manage change
- Proficient with the following development and data acquisition test tools; CANalyzer or Vspy, INCA/ETAS
- High level of computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Strong understanding of propulsion system controls
- Demonstrated knowledge of System Integration into a Vehicle
- DFSS Green Belt Certified
- People Leader experience
- Experience with software processes / change control / Project Management
- DFSS Black Belt Certified