General Motors Controls System Engineer ADAS Featuring Moding Controls - ENG0037970 in Milford, Michigan
* Position * : Automated Driving and Active Safety Controls System Engineer
* Surround yourself with innovation * : Our team is creating new embedded software features in the automated driving and active safety area for General Motors products. Make an impact and help us take on this challenge.
* Be part of something that matters * : This very relevant work will yield our next-generation automated driving embedded controllers and will make a difference to GM and our customers. Who knows, you might help us find the next breakthrough feature!
* If you’re good, apply * : These are hard and complex problems! We need outstanding world-class embedded controls and software engineers to join our embedded software engineering team. Your ideas matter to us and will be used to help us accomplish our goals.
Who we’re looking for:
- People with broad knowledge and expertise in many different areas of computer science and engineering
- People who are passionate about automated driving control systems and their future impact on the world
- People with world-class controls and programming skills
- People with excellent communication and organizational skills
- People who are passionate about their work and are great colleagues
- People who quick learners and enjoy working in a high-energy environment on small project teams
- People with diverse interests and skills
Key job elements of our positions include:
- Develop and maintain new automated driving features with requirements and test cases for in-vehicle embedded software
- Develop behavioral models in Simulink that define the way these features will work
- Develop and release software features in ANSI C
- Perform feature and integration builds of software
- Define and execute unit and integration tests and analyze results to ensure your software is doing its job correctly
- Conduct and participate in peer reviews of software artifacts
- Know and apply all applicable standards and processes in execution of the above to ensure the features you develop are the best they can be
- Contribute to the development of standards and processes for the above key elements that the team can use while they develop software
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Candidate Qualifications Include:
- BS or MS EE or CS, ME with control systems emphasis
- Passion for and at least five years of experience building high-quality model-based embedded software using Simulink
- Good business sense, ability to communicate, and a desire to understand customer needs
- A track record of "getting things done"
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-change environment
- Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems
- Ability to work in a disciplined software development environment
- Knowledge of protocols and interfaces like CAN, flexray, and other network topologies and interfaces is a plus