ZF Test Support Technician in Marshall, Illinois
Test Support Technician
Division U - Global Electronics
GENERAL SUMMARY: Provide ongoing technical support of In-Circuit, Burn-In, ESS, and Functional Test equipment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support of production test equipment during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance events.
Utilize the following equipment in the troubleshooting and repair process: digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, hand and power tools, soldering/de-soldering equipment and environmental ovens.
Assist in the continuous improvement of test yields and increase MTBF with quick, accurate identification and resolution of equipment problems.
Perform and track assigned preventative maintenance and calibration activities on all test equipment.
Communicate daily activities through the use of an online maintenance database.
Perform board repairs of electronic components.
Perform data collection, analysis, and presentation activities on unscheduled and scheduled maintenance events.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Comply with and support the health, safety, and environmental programs, policies, and procedures.
Required Education and Experience
•High school diploma and a minimum of five years experience installing, maintaining and repairing test equipment.
Experience and Skill Requirements
• Demonstrated in-depth electronic and mechanical troubleshooting skills
• Ability to interpret electronic schematics.
• Basic understanding of the MS Windows NT and Windows 2000 environment.
• Basic understanding of Microsoft Office.
• Must complete Advanced Solder training
• Good analytical skills.
• Experience with FARS reporting tool.
• Experience with building/debugging prototype circuits.
• Familiarity with Master Control.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran