ZF Process Quality Engineer in Marshall, Illinois
Process Quality Engineer
Division A - Global Electronics
· Provide Engineering expertise to the Business Units for new and existing products and processes (Capability assessments, process developments, process variability reduction, root cause analysis and permanent corrective and preventative action).
· Support customer specific process quality activities.
· Apply statistical techniques in analysis of process and performance indicators to improve productivity, reduce scrap and minimize rework.
· Assist in the development of qualification and error prevention requirements of new equipment acceptance and equipment move activities.
· Assist in development of fault injection testing and mistake-proofing verification of new and existing processes.
· Participate in FMEA and control plan development with product and process launch teams.
· Lead in PRB containment, root cause analysis, and corrective/preventative action for process related customer returns and internal escapes.
· Lead and support continuous improvement initiatives (QIP)
· Support customer reviews, onsite visits and presentations.
· Facilitate communication between functional groups, to focus on continuous improvement.
· Comply with and support the health, safety, and environmental programs, policies and procedures.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelors' degree in an engineering field.
Experience and Skill Requirements
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in an electronics manufacturing environment.
• Experience with Automotive quality-related activities such as SPC, DOE “Design of Experiments”, FMEA, and Control Plan.
• Analytical problem solving techniques using quality tools, team building, and decision making skills
• Strong understanding of electronics assembly and final assembly processes.
• Strong technical writing and presentation skills.
• Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certification or experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran