Parker Hannifin Corp Hr Mgr in Lynchburg, Virginia
VA-Lynchburg, United States
Group: Eng Materials Group N. America
Job Family: Human Resources
Job ID: 9160-1A
< Return to Search Results
Department Marketing Statement
Provide leadership and support in functional areas of human resources including recruitment, employment, personnel records, employee and/or labor relations, job evaluation, benefits administration, employee development, training, AAP/EEO and special projects. Serves as a strategic and tactical business partner to the Plant leadership team.
Assist in the development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures and their dissemination through employee booklets, communications, and/or meetings. Prepare reports in conformance with legislated requirements or company needs. Reports to the Division Human Resource Manager.
- Provide human resource generalist services, including compliance with regulatory agencies (i.e. EEOC, Human Rights, OFCCP, and OSHA).
- Provide direction to employees in the resolution of problems, related to benefits, company policies, etc.
- Schedule and create project assignment to meet completion dates.
- Source, screen and recommend candidates for employment and conduct new employee orientation. -Manages Employee Temporary Services.
- Develop, write, and update AAP and equal opportunities programs. -Facilitate internal/external Health and Wellness activities.
- Create facilitate communication and employee involvement initiative.
- Administer local salary performance review procedure, and employment related policies and procedures.
- Responsible for HRIS administration and maintenance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Support the administration of Worker’s Compensation and coordination of workplace safety programs.
- Conduct training sessions related to Ethics, benefits, safety, or others as required. -Plan and participate in Division Talent Management and Succession Review.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
-PHR/SPHR certification a plus
- 4 plus years of related experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Three to five years HR generalist experience.
- Superior interpersonal skills and time management.
- Minimal travel required. -Proficient in all MS Office applications. PeopleSoft experience a plus. -Experience in maintaining a nonunion presence or in the administration of a collective bargaining agreement including grievance investigation, responses and participation in contract negotiations desirable.
How To Apply
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.