ZF TRW Software Design Engineer in Livonia, Michigan
Req ID 26294BR
Job Title Software Design Engineer
Functional Area Engineering
Business Unit Engineering - Braking
ZF Braking is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer to work as part of a team developing Software designs and architectures for state of the art micro-controllers, mixed signal ASICs, Sensors, switches and actuators used in current and future conventional and brake-by-wire electronic braking systems.
The candidate will be expected to develop AutoSAR and non AutoSAR designs and architectures for state of the art micro-controllers, mixed signal ASICs, Sensors, High speed communication, Cybersecurity and actuators used in current and future conventional and brake-by-wire electronic braking systems.
Candidate shall have knowledge of the C programming language for embedded systems; AutoSAR; demonstrate competency with software requirements, software design, software debugging, testing and software release. The candidate should also have basic understanding of the electronics circuit within the Electronics control Unit (ECU).
•Bachelor degree in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, plus a minimum of 3 years experience of working knowledge of C/C++ as well as the software development lifecycle.
•Experience with Design of Multi-Core embedded System Software desired
•Ability to integrate software with target hardware in a lab environment
•Experience with Pre-emptive Real-Time Operating Systems
•Familiar with Automotive systems, Real Time or Near Real Time operating environments, Rhapsody, DOORs, PTC Integrity, Software architecture modeling.
• Design of SW components for embedded systems in accordance with the requirements
• Design of AUTOSAR software component descriptions with modeling tools
• Specification of the behavior of the components using UML
• Optimization of the design in terms of resources (RAM/ROM run-time) and other criteria
• Design of embedded software and associated tooling (e.g. code Generators)
• Define, track and review work packages for software components to be implemented (in the C language) and tested offshore
• Close international cooperation with other departments, customers and projects
• Support for implementation and testing in the areas of requirement analysis, architecture, integration and software security analysis according to ISO26262cb
Position Status Salaried Full-Time
Diversity Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
Country United States