Stryker Senior Supply Planner in Limerick, United States
Your key responsibilities
• Creation of a Master Resource Plan based on the latest demand signal to cover what needs to be produced or purchased as a finished product and to ensure that within the process there is sufficient raw materials and components to support the required supply plan up to 24 months’ time horizon
• Creation of capacity plans based on the latest demand signal ,to identify where there is any potential bottlenecks or risks to supply and to develop and recommend appropriate proposals to mitigate and to ensure that the plant or 3rd party can meet the future demand . Also identify where there is significant underutilization which could impact the costs of supply.
• Capable of developing a supply plan across a complex portfolio and multiple sites if required as franchise maturity develops.
• Capable of being able to work on capability building as part of cross functional teams and add expertise in creating the optimal solutions
• Setting of the correct levels of inventory within the Supply plan by understanding the demand volatility and supply chain lead times. Specifically the creation of a safety stock strategy and plan that enables continuity of product availability at the optimal level of cash investment.
• Ensure that the Supply plan is financially evaluated with regard to balancing the requirement of consistent product availability versus the cost of supply and the investment needed in conjunction with financial partners to ensure meeting the operational budgets and targets.
• Tracking of the execution of the supply plan with production scheduling and buying so ensuring that the plan is fully operationalized and tracked for performance deviation this to include mitigation on back orders and pro-active communication of future supply risks.
• Ensuring within the Supply Plan that products are being phased in and planned correctly as well as ensuring communication and timing of exiting products within the plant or 3rd party. Communicating with the business in regard to the status of the product portfolio from a supply planning perspective.
• Effective communication and confirmation back from supply planning to the demand plan in confirming capability to meet the requirements via the daily and weekly execution process but also via a robust monthly executive supply process.
• All Supply Planning system core master-data is maintained to enable focus on real supply issues rather than due to poorly maintained settings within the core planning systems
• KPIS for the role will be Supply Plan Attainment , Safety stock health , Capacity Utilization , Back order and Lead time
• Root causing of performance issues and ability to act on own capability to mitigate and correct
What are we looking for?
• Degree level in Business/Engineering/Supply Chain management
• APICS accredited or professional supply chain accreditation
• Languages at least English but preferably a second language depending on global location
• Background experience required
• Minimum of 4 years in either a production, supply or demand planning role where knowledge is demonstrated and experience gained in planning
• IT Planning system experience to include use of SAP as a minimum requirement or equivalent ERP systems
• To include master data maintenance experience on ERP platforms and use of heuristics in driving exception based planning approach.
• Project management able to demonstrate experience in running projects specifically around problem solving and root causing based on lean way of working (six sigma)
• Experience of IBP and S&OP principles and demonstrate knowledge of the process in daily working within existing or previous business
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better. The company offers innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. More information is available at www.stryker.com