General Motors Maintenance Group Leader - MAN0025559 in Lansing, Michigan
General Motors Lansing Delta Township (LDT) Assembly is GM’s newest plant in the United States, blending the best practices and newest technology into one facility. With over 115 years of automotive history in Lansing, Michigan, LDT is proud to be a community partner and was the first automotive manufacturing facility in the world to be a Gold Certified Leader in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED).
Lansing Delta Township Assembly and Lansing Regional Stamping operate out of a 3.6 million sq. ft. plant on 1,100 acres with over 2,600 employees.
We build the all-new 2018 Chevrolet Traverse and Buick Enclave.
The completely redesigned Traverse is wrapped in bold and refined styling, that offers technologies to help keep passengers of all ages and lifestyles comfortable and connected. Traverse delivers best-in-class third-row legroom, maximum cargo room and passenger volume with an enhanced roster of available active safety features.
New and versatile functionality, spaciousness and intuitive technologies mark the next evolution of the Buick Enclave. More third-row space, improved towing capability and a thoughtful combination of safety technologies, useful interior features and premium materials are a few highlights included on Buick’s all-new seven-passenger midsize luxury SUV.
General Assembly Maintenance Group Leader
Assist in executing the business plan for the production area of responsibility. Proactively pursue the vision established for the area and foster an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation. Has supervisory responsibility for a medium to large group of employees involved in plant maintenance operations. Work is of a technical nature using independent judgment within the limits of general practices and standards. Some creativity and initiative is required. Some guidance from the supervisor is available to handle unusual situations.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Lead Maintenance team that provides production support for General Assembly
- Lead GMS for Maintenance initiatives
- Provide a leadership role in the implementation of major department initiatives
- Build and maintain good working relationships with employees, union and management
- Understand and consistently administer the National and Local Agreements and corporate policies and procedures
- Participate in local labor relations activities
- Promote safe work practices and achieve objectives for ergonomics, health and safety and housekeeping
- Motivate, train and develop employees to effectively perform their jobs utilizing standardized methods
- Assist in the training and development of salaried and hourly employees
- Communicate between shifts, departmental areas and other departments to implement best practices, resolve problems and sustain consistent performance to objectives
- Control costs and achieve productivity improvements
- Provide input to payroll and perform other administrative tasks, as required
- Lead construction and maintenance projects
- Diagnose and resolve equipment malfunctions
- Establish a course of action to accomplish completion of the job and /or project
- Coordinate input from internal / external customers to better understand customer needs and / or perceptions
- Keeps abreast of current product developments and trends in areas of expertise
- Actively identifies new areas for learning and takes advantage of learning opportunities
- Must be able to work any of the 3 shifts
- Must be willing to work any shift
- Must be willing to work 2 out of 3 weekends
- Relatively high level of analytical ability where problems are complex
- Ability to interpret blueprints and engineering drawings
- Knowledge of basic math including trigonometry
- Oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of basic mechanical concepts
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related are required
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals
- Computer Skills
- Electrical Experience
- Skilled Trades Experience
- Experience working in a team environment
- Knowledge of continuous improvement processes
- Vehicle assembly experience
- Experience/knowledge of GM-GMS
- Statistical process control skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Location: 8175 Millett Hwy, Lansing, MI48921