General Motors GEPICS/Broadcast Coordinator/Engineering Change Launch - MAN0024828 in Lansing, Michigan
General Motors' Lansing Grand River (LGR) Assembly is located in Lansing, Michigan. Constructed in 1999, it is designed around GM’s Global Manufacturing System (GMS) and focuses on maximum performance in safety, people systems, quality, customer responsiveness, cost and environment. Lansing Grand River is home to the Chevrolet Camaro as well as the Cadillac CTS and the Cadillac ATS family of vehicles.
LGR operates out of a 3.4 million sq. ft. vehicle assembly plant with a 111-acre campus in downtown Lansing with over 1,900 employees.
We build the award-winning sixth-generation Camaro that is lighter in weight, which contributes to “world-class sports car performance and dynamics,” according to Motor Trend.
The 2018 Cadillac CTS-V is a performance-driven super sedan with sophisticated technology to enhance the quality of each ride. The CTS-V is engineered proof of Cadillac’s V-series promise of passion without compromise.
Material Department: GEPICS/broadcast coordinator and Engineering change support
Manage specification data related to Broadcast for plant and supplier systems/formats/documents; Coordinate data and implementation plans for engineering changes supporting MGO scheduling and inventory management
Scope of Responsibilities:
·Maintain information in both MGO specs and GEPICS that support broadcast and reporting (family address tables, local broadcast block, options families etc)
·Analyze and update specification data from MGO specs and into GEPICS related to current engineering change activity
·Utilize various GM systems to analyze broadcast data (GPDS/VDS, E-squared, POMS, MGO, GEPICS)
·Manage processes for controlled changes that require detailed and specific breakpoint timing (GEPICS breakpoint management) to insure no interruption to build and quality processes.
·Interface with cross functional groups to properly PTR and implement engineering changes
·Analyze daily specification error reports (no-hit/ multi hit – broadcast error reports) and resolve data issues with appropriate escalation as necessary
·Support Manval and launch processes for build events through orders/specs analysis to insure broadcastreadiness
- Organize weekly log of e/c changes to communicate to material team
- Interface with E/C Material team to verify readiness and fine tune breakpoint dates
- Maintain accurate information in MGO for part number breakpoints to insure accurate inventory balances and supplier schedules
- Adjust MGO breakpoints as necessary
- Finalize breakpoints to use up inventory, reduce obsolescence, and properly close out changes
- Manage local specs in MGO as required
- High level oral and written communications skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of basic technology of area assigned.
- High level analytical ability in situations where the problems are somewhat complex.
- College graduate or equivalent training.
- Knowledge of Material Global Optimization (MGO) and material inventory systems.
- High level of computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Supply Chain or Production Control experience.
· Knowledge of GEPICS
· Knowledge of MGO-A
·Knowledge of GM Specifications & Engineering Change Management, GPDS and E-squared
·Knowledge of order management systems (POMS)
· Knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Word.
- Degree in Supply Chain/Manufacturing/or equivelent experience.
·Highly developed knowledge of integration plant floor monitoring systems &/or simulation techniques.
·Statistical Process Control (SPC) skills.
·Experience/knowledge of GM-Global Manufacturing System (GMS).
·Knowledge of continuous improvement processes.
- Degree in Supply Chain/Manufacturing/or equivalent experience.