Parker Hannifin Corp Engineering Co-Op - Jacksonville, Florida in Jacksonville, Florida
Engineering Co-Op - Jacksonville, Florida
FL-Jacksonville, United States
Group: Aerospace Group N. America
Job Family: Engineering
Job ID: 9944-1A
< Return to Search Results
Parker Hannifin Stratoflex Jacksonville, has a Co-Op opportunity for college students, in the Jacksonville, Florida area, looking to gain experience in Aerospace Engineering while attending school and obtaining their degree.
Parker Aerospace is a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. The company supports the world’s aircraft manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft.
Works closely with senior engineers, engineering mentors and customers (i.e., AirBus, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, General Electric, Pratt Whitney etc.) on various engineering projects. Projects may encompass a wide variety of current business and engineering needs. Projects may include lean manufacturing initiatives, cellular manufacturing, 5S implementation, tooling, design and research associated with manufacturing aerospace products. This position is a developmental position for students to gain an understanding of practical engineering concepts in all aspects of design, research, development, and manufacturing.
Essential Functions (As assigned, may include some but not all of the following):
• Develop, manage, and administer projects as requested by senior level engineers and Engineering supervision.
• Research, design, and implement tooling & products regarding divisional Engineering initiatives and customer requirements.
• Improve process capability, productivity and efficiencies throughout research, design, and manufacturing of products.
• Research and help maintain routings and bill of materials for product.
• Responsible for reviewing and interpreting drawings, tooling prints, and marking data.
• Capable of learning new technologies associated with the design and development of aerospace product - These technologies include ANSYS and CATIA V.
• Assist with research, design and product costing for customer quotes.
• Utilize computer systems to generate engineering reports.
• Research, implement, and submit cost savings for improving processes and methods of manufacturing.
• Any other similar or associated duties necessary to accomplish a mutual environment of learning and engineering development.
• Minimum 3-years college coursework required in a Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or Aerospace Engineering Major.
• Excellent communication/presentation skills
• Good organizational and numerical skills
• Personal Computer Skills including MS Office, E-mail, and the Internet
• Mobility to allow internal access to all Engineering departments
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf