Parker Hannifin Corp FSD Strategic Supply Chain Mgr in Irvine, California
FSD Strategic Supply Chain Mgr
CA-Irvine, United States
Group: Aerospace Group N. America
Job Family: Manufacturing and Production
Job ID: 9499-1A
< Return to Search Results
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $12 billion, global company.
With annual sales of $12 billion in fiscal year 2017, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 61 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of core company values. As a result, our business growth is impressive and consistent. Best of all, our team members share in the success that results from that growth.
• Development of commodity strategies across the division to drive deflation, support materials management objectives, and supplier performance
• Rationalization of the supply base and development of key supplier relationships
• Global source selection and sourcing activities including make/buy decisions
• Execution of long-term contracts and management of these contracts
• New product, new program up-front engagement with suppliers
• Compliance for commercial and government contracting
• Import/Export compliance
• Metrics to guide business decision making and divisional performance roll-up
• Lean - drive continuous improvement through-out the strategic procurement function
• Sub-Contract execution and management
• Compliance to Parker compliance standards and import/export
The Strategic Procurement Leader is responsible for providing functional direction and aligning Supply Chain goals with the company’s strategic procurement, commodity management, and deflation objectives. The Strategic Procurement Leader will routinely lead innovative supply chain practices and incorporate them into the business process design to achieve systems integration. This role will focus on the execution of global strategic procurement and commodity strategies and manage the supply base to achieve best in class quality products that are delivered on time.
Minimum Job Requirements
• Eight or more years of major professional accomplishments including increasing responsibility and leadership of projects and teams of considerable size, scope and complexity for four or more years. Demonstrated ability to perform the described role and responsibilities and obtain the desired results.
• Knowledge of the subcontracting and commodities / product(s).
• Bachelor's degree in business related field required and progressive career experience.
• An M.B.A., Master's in related field or professional designation may be preferred.
• Demonstrated teamwork and team building skills in producing results and meeting organizational objectives.
• Capable of assessing and developing individual and team skills and capabilities.
• Able to create and maintain enthusiasm for new and challenging goals.
• Serve as a role model by promoting new ideas and positive change.
TYPICAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to operate a computer and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Also expected of the employee is regular attendance, the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others and members of the public, and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
(The essential functions have been provided as examples of types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. The physical and mental demands described above are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for this position.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume in Word (.doc) format with your online application at parker.com/careers referencing Requisition #9499. A cover letter summarizing experience against above qualifications is strongly recommended.