Stryker Trauma & Extremities Sales Manager in Hanover, Maryland
The Trauma & Extremities Sales Manager (T&E SM) will be primarily responsible for developing and implementing effective strategies to exceed trauma’s territory market share/revenue objectives. This will be accomplished by leading, managing and developing a sales team to represent Stryker as a leader in our industry and the marketplace.
As the key champion for the product line in their geography, the T&E SM will drive the planning, direction and oversight of product portfolio sales and training activities, ensuring that financial targets (including sales & expense) are achieved within region. T&E SM will drive area talent strategy, talent selection, and engagement activities.
As a member of the sales management team, the T&E SM works closely with other functional leaders to develop and recommend short- and long-range objectives around vision, mission, market strategy, customer intelligence, voice of the customer, product, pricing, and business planning that are consistent with Stryker and divisional guidelines
Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan and direct staffing, training, mentoring and performance evaluations to develop a sales team
• Direct and coordinate sales activities to achieve/exceed sales targets, including Total Sales, Percent Growth, Dollar Growth, and Market Share by product category; review operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability
• Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service
• Prepare, monitor and manage budgets and expenditures
• Confer or consult with department heads to plan advertising services and to secure information on equipment and customer specifications
• Establish and build long-term, stable relationships with key surgeons, clinicians, and evaluators to drive product innovation and education.
• Manage a multi-site operations/sales force involved in end-to-end fulfillment of customer needs and expectations through local management.
• Recruit, engage and retain Talent; success will be measured by number of sales reps achieving quota, headcount vs. budget, etc
• Work with internal resources to determine price schedules and discount rates
• Collect, monitor and analyze marketing information to determine focus of sales efforts
• Direct, coordinate, and review activities in sales and service accounting and record keeping, and in receiving and shipping operations
• Design and implement new sales plans and effective marketing strategies to position the organization competitively and meet/exceed territory objectives
• Identifies the needs of new prospects and develop appropriate responses (written, telephone and face-to-face)
• Performs field calls for the accounts and assigned territory (including “on-call” and operating/emergency room consultation) as needed
• Identify and drive cross-sell and additional products or manage new product introductions as they become available
• Address any problems that arise on the account
• Drives compliance and the principles of responsibility (AdvaMed) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements, and Company’s policies and procedures
• Work with Branch Manager/Area Vice President/Area Director by coaching, training or mentoring the Sales Representative/Associate population when needed
• Maintain training in sales skills and products
• Remain current on industry, customer, and competitive trends
• Meet with key clients to assist sales team with maintaining/fostering relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
• Host, attend and participate in sales meetings
• Represent company at trade or association meetings to promote products
BS/BA in relevant field (business or medical discipline preferred) or equivalent experience
Advanced degree a plus
Demonstrated knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems
Knowledge of mathematics and their applications
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and account services
• 5+ years demonstrated successful sales experience (in the medical device or industry preferred); Prefer experience managing P&L
• 2+ years of sales management experience and/or demonstrated ability to work with and lead others to accomplish sales goals
• Prefer demonstrated ability to develop a business from the ground up (start-up)
• Knowledge in the use of current office technologies (MSOffice suite, databases, etc.)
• Excellent organizational skills
• Experience in building and maintaining relationships (with surgeons & hospitals in respective areas would be beneficial)
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage complex customer relationships in a healthcare setting, including surgeons, clinicians, hospital administrators and Purchasing Organizations
• Must be comfortable in emergency/operating room environments
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better. The company offers innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. More information is available at www.stryker.com