ZF Service Technician in Gray Court, South Carolina
ZF Transmissions Gray Court
Position Summary:The Service Technician is responsible for the repair, service, calibration, and commissioning (i.e. installation and technical support) of test systems in order to support end-of-line and related testing operations at ZF facilities and customer sites.
• Perform activities to diagnose, repair, maintain, install, and rebuild a variety of test systems to support validation processes on-site and at the customer site.
• Install equipment, perform test procedures, diagnose mechanical/electrical/hydraulic/pneumatic issues, and analyze nature of malfunction required to repair test systems.
• Replace electric motors, pumps, belts, electric wiring, numeric controls, and related components involving mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, and pneumatic functions.
• Tear down and check component parts; repair, reassemble, and test valves, pumps, solenoid valves, rewire controls.
• Build special assembly and/or test fixtures; machine special replacement parts and/or fixtures.
• Move and install equipment; wire-in electric power, install hydraulic lines, and hook-up air lines.
• Perform scheduled preventive maintenance or calibrations on test systems.
• Check effective functionality of equipment safety devices on a periodic basis.
• Document issues, solutions, and repair work performed.
• Report unusual equipment or operating issues to management as they arise.
• Use a variety of machine tools and test equipment such as lathes, mills, grinders, saws, and drill presses, electrical meters, measuring & calibration tools, precision inspection tools, and common hand tools.
• Maintain an organized and hazard-free work area in compliance with all ZF policies and governmental guidelines to ensure a safe and productive work environment.
• Work in accordance to 5S procedures.
• Participate in continuous improvement programs.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, formal training, reviewing professional publications, establishing and expanding professional networks, and participating in professional societies.
• Comply with all IATF/TS16949/ZF policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• 2-5+ years of related experience and/or trades training in complex machine maintenance
• HS Diploma (Associates Preferred)
• Ability to read blueprints in DIN/ISO standard format (in metric)
• Ability to analyze blueprints and use mathematics to evaluate/understand complex machine drawings
• Working knowledge in Hydraulics/Pneumatics/Mechanical components/parts functionalities
• Working knowledge of machine, tool, equipment, and test systems operations in addition to related repair methods and procedures involving mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components/parts
• Basic knowledge in electrical wiring and troubleshooting
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Basic math and reading skills
• Ability to work independently in a fast paced, high-volume environment
• Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel and management
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Strong mechanical experience with problem-solving/analytical skills and a high attention to detail
• Ability/willingness to travel up to 75% (domestically)
• Valid driver’s license
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Deep knowledge in electrical wiring and troubleshooting
• Experience working with PLC logic
• Formal training and/or related certifications.
• Knowledge of test systems functionalities and/or service requirements
• Experience in the Automotive industry
• German and/or Spanish language skills
ZF North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ZF North America, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. ZF North America, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ZF North America, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.