ZF Maintenance Superintendent - Facilities in Gray Court, South Carolina
Maintenance Superintendent - Facilities
ZF Transmissions Gray Court
• Ensure maximum up time on all manufacturing equipment to include, but not limited to machining and assembly equipment, shop equipment and facilities.
• Maintain preventive maintenance program to include predictive techniques and methods.
• Implement continuous improvement activities designed to increase up time and equipment efficiencies.
• Direct and supervise Maintenance staff.
• Provide support to other technical resources.
• Provide technical expertise and hands-on mechanical/electrical support where applicable.
• Develop/Coordinate/Provide in conjunction with internal and external resources adequate training to all appropriate employees (Manufacturing Technicians, Production Technicians).
• Develop, implement, track and maintain in conjunction with internal and external resources appropriate safety training programs for all maintenance technician and production technicians.
• Implement and monitor appropriate programs to ensure all essential areas of Safety and Environmental requirements are documented according to applicable standards (e.g. OSHA) and internal Standard Operating Procedures.
• Implement and manage the internal safety program to include safety teams, accident investigations and rewards related to a safe and accident free work environment.
• Manage an internal audit system to ensure adequate attention is applied to the Safety Programs for successful outcomes for the facility.
• Coordinate all activities as it relates to the “Fire Protection Impairment” program.
• Manage and support the external audit process to ensure positive outcomes for all required/desired certifications.
• Prioritize and assign maintenance technicians on projects, maintenance repairs, and preventative maintenance supporting the production cells. Inform Maintenance Manager of the status of critical down equipment.
• Maintain records of planned and completed maintenance. Champion and audit the PM program for completion and accuracy.
• Ensure housekeeping of assigned maintenance areas. Ensure area is clean after maintenance; production technician work has been completed.
• Coordinate with Production Supervisors and other support departments for the completion of cross functional projects.
• Expedite and coordinate with the purchasing department any critical repair parts, services, and materials needed to support production projects. Maintain conformance to procedures related to these acquisitions.
• Maintain open door communication and promotes issue free environment.
• Develop and maintains a critical spare parts list for each machine, and determines what parts should be on hand.
• Schedule vacation periods and coverage for the maintenance staff.
• Update and generate PM system and create new PM for beginning of year.
• Direct activities of workers fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture new products or improve existing products.
• Inspect operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational and safety standards. Inspect construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established specifications and safe operation.
• Promote and engage in principles of employee involvement, team building, continuous improvement, safety, and training.
• Confer with management, engineering and quality assurance personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
• Implement and maintain standard procedures to improve efficient of subordinates. Investigate damages, errors, and complaints and makes necessary adjustments.
• Create and implement an effective Preventative/Predictive Maintenance program.
• Provide technical support to manufacturing to repair equipment and increase up time. Monitor spare part requirements and follow up on replacement.
• Identify areas in need of improvement and apply a variety of problem solving techniques.
• Coordinate PM schedules with production, Conduct PM, technical and safety trainings for maintenance, production technicians, and other personnel as required.
• Create continuous improvement initiatives.
• Develop lesson plans, instructional materials, and activities using instructional models and apply appropriate training techniques to the maintenance and production technicians. Provide and support classroom training and mentoring when necessary. Determine training needs by conducting performance evaluations.
• Coordinate (with HR and other required resources) appropriate safety tracking processes through investigations, equipment inspections and job safety analysis in order to reduce work-related injuries.
• Coordinate, with HR and other internal and external resources, the maintenance of the internal OJT certification program as it relates to Maintenance and Production Technicians.
• Maintain the pay and progression system by updating the task lists and supporting documentation.
• Track the progress of the pay and progression system to ensure that the documentation is timely and accurate.
• Perform in conjunction with internal and external resources, training assessments/needs analyses to ensure training effectiveness for maintenance and production technicians.
• Arrange for internal and external resources to provide training as necessary and follow up on impact of outside training services.
• Understand and comply with TS 16949 and ISO 14000 requirements.
• Supports and complies with established Company’s Corporate Principles.
• Other duties as it relates to this position.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Bachelors Degree in a related field.
• 8+ years of Maintenance and management/supervisory experience
• Proficient in requirements of local, state and federal laws as required for industrial manufacturing (e.g. OSHA, EPA, NFPA, etc.).
• Strong hands-on electro-mechanical skills in hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC troubleshooting/programming and electrical installation/repair.
• Strong coaching; team-building and interpersonal skills.
ZF North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ZF North America, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. ZF North America, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ZF North America, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.