Parker Hannifin Corp EHS Intern in Glendale, Arizona
AZ-Glendale, United States
Group: Aerospace Group N. America
Job Family: Professional - Entry
Job ID: 9165-1A
< Return to Search Results
Org Marketing Statement
With annual sales of $12 billion in fiscal year 2017, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 61 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
To assist the EHS Manager and coordinate aspects of environmental, health and safety (EHS) to successfully meet or exceed enterprise and business unit goals.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
The EHS Intern will report directly to the EHS Manager.
Assist the EHS Manager with:
· Execution of EHS programs and procedures cascaded from Corporate, Group or Division to meet enterprise and business unit EHS objectives and targets with an emphasis on Safety and Accident Prevention, EHS Regulatory Compliance and Resource Conservation.
· Execution of applicable EHS management systems which includes the Corporate EHS Directives, ISO 14001 certification and any other applicable EHS management system certifications or elements.
· EHS reporting which includes performance against targets and goals, regulatory reporting, and corporate, business unit and customer required reporting.
· EHS training program for applicable EHS training required across the business unit from employee to leader.
· EHS corrective action program which would include EHS audits, regulatory inspections, industrial accidents, customer EHS audits and other assessments that identify EHS issues that require corrective action with the exception of environmental remediation of property.
· A resource conservation program which will include but not be limited to energy use, water use and waste generated from production.
· EHS program for change which includes new processes, equipment, materials and people.
· Awareness and integration of EHS into other functional areas such as Lean, Quality, Supply Chain, HR, Sales, Service and Innovation. Leverage existing systems and procedures in those functional areas to the extent possible in EHS management.
· Create EHS culture of excellence for safety and environmental management through effective communication.
· Monitor EHS aspects of contractors that do work on site.
*Intern is responsible for expenses related to housing.
· Currently enrolled in a four-year college working towards a bachelor degree in occupational safety or environmental science with a 3.2 minimum GPA.
· Experience in an industrial work environment with EHS responsibilities through prior internships.
· Knowledge of EHS regulations.
· Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Must be able to comprehend and interpret applicable EHS requirements and translate them into the business language for clear understanding by the business unit leaders and employees.
· Must be able to learn and understand the business.
· Must have strong process skills for standardization, continuous improvement and program management.
· Must have a passion for EHS and able to translate into practical action.
· Must have good problem solving skills and experience.
· Must be able to work independently.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf