Parker Hannifin Corp Rotary Shaft Sealing Applications Engineer in Elgin, Illinois
Rotary Shaft Sealing Applications Engineer
IL-Elgin, United States
Group: Eng Materials Group N. America
Job Family: Engineering
Job ID: 8692-2A
< Return to Search Results
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $12 billion, global company.
With annual sales of $12 billion in fiscal year 2017, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 61 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
Conditions of Employment
"Due to this facility contracting with the US Government, this position must comply with the International Trade in Arms Regulations. Therefore, all qualified candidates must either be a US Citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident (green card holder.)"
• Essential Functions Include: - Provide technical expertise and assistance to win new business opportunities. - Manage key customer relationships at the technical level and associated product development projects. - Assist Strategic Marketing Manager in adapting current and new products to application and customer needs. - Design and assist Product Engineers and Manufacturing in the development of new and/or revised products according to customer requirements. - Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of competitive products and their activity in the market place and implementation of appropriate response strategies. - Develop expertise in key product technologies and applications for assigned market. Participate in trade associations and present papers at technical conferences. Develop industry network.
• - BS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Excellent mechanical comprehension with the ability to understand, describe or discuss problems of a technical nature. Technical competence in Industrial Market applications.
- Two to three years’ experience in product development, engineering, technical marketing or industrial sales
- Demonstrated ability to successfully complete projects and work in a team environment.
- Proficient in design software such as AutoCad.
- Background in rotary shaft seals, materials / material science highly desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- General knowledge of manufacturing, engineering, customer management a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf and http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocgina_supplement.pdf
•This position is with Parker’s Engineering Polymers Systems Division and is based out of our Elgin, IL facility.