General Motors Senior Corporate Auditor - FIN0010352 in Detroit, Michigan
Senior Corporate Auditor
General Purpose of Position:
Responsible for assessing process risks, flowcharting business processes including the supporting application systems, identifying and evaluating the design of controls, designing, executing and documenting audit tests, and making initial determination of reportable issues. During the audit process, completes work timely and in accordance with GMAS Audit Methodology, Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and other applicable standards, and defined plans, budgets, and schedules.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop understanding of appropriate business aspects, risks, potential fraud, performance requirements and control processes and systems of auditable activities assigned to audit.
- Perform process risk analyses, prepare process maps and flowcharts, and prepare effective and efficient compliance and substantive test plans; prepare and perform audit tests.
- Perform assessment of IT application controls environment supporting the business process.
- Evaluate test results: accurately identify symptoms, root cause, problems, identify alternative controls and develop recommendations.
- Prepare work papers, draft grammatically correct interim letters and other reporting documents; assist in preparation of the draft audit report.
- Evaluate the completeness of the auditee’s corrective action plans.
- Elevate issues/concerns as necessary within GMAS.
- Perform related work as assigned by lead auditor(s) and/or Manager.
Skills and Abilities:
- (Preferred) three years or more of professional experience or job related experience.
- General knowledge of GAAP accounting standards, COSO Internal Control-Integrated Framework, and SOX.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate leadership ability.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Proficient in computer skills including proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, database applications, and flowcharting / process mapping business activities.
- Ability to interpret and administer audit and accounting procedures / principles.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to travel between 10% and 50%
Education and/or Training:
- Required: College degree with a major in accounting, business administration.
- Preferred: Graduate Degree.
- Required: Agrees to pursue professional development opportunities and to obtain professional certification if not already certified.
- Preferred: Professional certification (CIA, CPA or other similar certification).