General Motors People Analyst - HUM0005737 in Detroit, Michigan
About the Role:
As a People Analyst, you will use cutting-edge analytic methods to aid senior leaders and HR business partners in making evidence-based decisions for optimizing the selection, development, and retention of quality talent. The problems addressed in this role are complex.
Individual will be detail oriented, results driven, analytical and curious. They must be skilled in communicating analytic insights through visualization to effectively help leaders understand the problems and potential solutions. The role requires a high tolerance for ambiguity and exceptional problem-solving abilities.
- BA/BS degree in statistics/analytical field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience applying analytic techniques to impact business decisions
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, visualization tools (such as Tableau or Power BI), with proficiency in at least one programmable statistics package (e.g., SAS, R or SPSS)
- Advanced knowledge of VBA, C/C++, Python or other programming tools
- Ability to conduct advanced analytics including, but not limited to, developing predictive and optimization models
- Ability to coordinate data from multiple sources.
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and superior analytical skills
- Highly-developed written and oral communication, and data visualization skills
- Highly-developed interpersonal and team skills
- Master’s degree in Applied mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering or equivalent field with a focus on Quantitative Methods
- Experience in prescriptive analytics, optimization techniques and computer programming
- 5+ years' of experience applying analytic techniques to impact business decisions including, but not limited to, forecasting and econometrics