General Motors OnStar Vehicle Performance Operations Engineer - GCC0001708 in Detroit, Michigan
As a team member of GCCX / OnStar System Operations, the Vehicle Performance Operations Engineer in this role will interface with Technical Program Execution and Systems Engineering Teams in support of leading edge OnStar advanced development programs, and ensure the following tasks are completed to support the new system functionality.
1. Gather all operational requirements to prepare and enable the Vehicle Performance Operations group to execute and monitor the operations of remote reflash and vehicle communication services. Ensure all systems are interacting and functioning correctly to ensure end to end system performance.
2. Work with subject matter experts to understand the current functionality of backend systems and the related behaviors for each service. Lead identifying all new operational performance metrics to support the new functionality of the future programs/services, while also identifying all changes needed to existing operational performance metrics.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support successful global launch of Remote Reflash and ensure appropriate process and support is in place to run active programs.
- Drive design/process related discussions with engineering and development teams
- Work with appropriate engineering team members in the GM organization expanding our reflash capabilities
- Coordinate operational activities and system level readiness for new service offerings
- Fully understand & document business process flows for new services
- Develop performance metrics/reports/monitors to establish necessary visibility into new service launch
- Analyze performance metrics/reports/monitors to identify any performance issues/risks before the customer
- Provide technical leadership for operational and development activities.
- Maintain an active prioritized list of program requests
- Manage new requests against the existing and upcoming programs
- Work with development teams to prioritize platform changes and plans for implementation
- Support proactive/reactive issues resolution
- Track individual and overall advanced development program metrics to ensure performance goals are met
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related degree,or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 — 5 years’ experience in an engineering or IT role.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of SQL and SQL development
- Strong understanding of engineering architecture and design principles related to system integration of remote reflash and vehicle components
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong cross organization working relationships
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with technical team during time sensitive/issue resolution incident management.
- Ability to work with cross enterprise members to support the identification and resolution of system and process issues
- Strong understanding of operational procedures, protocols and communication paths.
- Strong understanding of application architecture and design principles related to system integration of client components, web services, and databases.
- Sound organizational skills to prioritize work to be executed
- Ability to identify system issues and improvements
- Sound communication and presentation skills to deliver status updates and progress against objectives to the management
- Knowledge and understanding of the OnStar application system
- Direct experience at OnStar in one or more of the following areas:
- Requirements/product definition
- Issue resolution
- Product validation
- Process definition
- Service delivery
- Strong engineering background around OnStar architecture
- Knowledge and understanding of OnStar and Network test tools
- Experience with working cross functional teams operations/development & remote team members
- Knowledge and understanding of the OnStar devices from an engineering standpoint
- Knowledge and understanding in Navigation GPS system technology
- Knowledge and understanding in Network performance of CDMA and GSM technology