Citizens Bank Portfolio Delivery Director for Consumer Banking in Cranston, Rhode Island
The Portfolio Delivery Director (PDD) for Consumer Banking provides senior leadership for an assigned portfolio of projects in support of various business lines. Partnering with the heads of the business lines, CIO’s and business executives, the PDD supports overall delivery of a portfolio including talent, driving on-time / on-budget delivery results, and strategic rebalancing.
The primary responsibilities for this role are not limited to, but include:
• Managing all aspects of a portfolio team to deliver; including actively managing the performance and development of Program and Project Mangers.
• Responsibility for a team of delivery professional for managing a portfolio of complex & critical business and technology projects through the entire change delivery framework.
• Customer focused in all interactions, with demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and incorporate into business decisions
• Experience in continuous improvement, and organizational change management including methods, techniques and industry leading best practices.
• Participate on appropriate cross functional forums to influence project delivery methodology, policy, process, and procedure (e.g. Change Leadership Committee).
• The role will work closely with the heads of the business, CTO, CIO and other business leaders and IT stakeholders to prioritize based on defined criteria including business value, time to value realization, and alignment to strategy.
• Provides program management expertise and leadership skills to facilitate the identification and management of all interdependencies and areas of risk.
• Project management tool expertise including project management software, such as Microsoft Project, SharePoint, and Portfolio Server. Manage for transparency using facts and analysis including KPI's and scorecards to drive results and continuous improvements.
• Customer focused in all interactions, with demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and incorporate into business decisions.
• Ability to work effectively within the organization across all areas and levels.
• Excellent presentation skills including the ability to translate ‘technical speak’ into business terminologies.
• Creates, reviews, and approves project plans for conformance to change delivery framework standards and program strategies.
• Actively manage cross functional relationships to proactively maintain expectations.
• Maintains a portfolio view to Senior Business Leaders and CIO’s in order to ensure transparency and delivery to our business lines.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 15 + years of Portfolio and Senior Program Management Experience.
• Minimum of 10 Years in a key leadership role.
• Ability to negotiate with C Level executives
• Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in project /program management, portfolio management methodologies and tools.
• Demonstrated leadership ability including team development, building interpersonal relationships, problem solving, strong communication and leading through change.
• Proven track record of managing large programs end-to-end Expert meeting facilitation skills.
• Flexibility to work and/or provide oversight on technology, change and business process programs.
• In-depth knowledge and proven application of Portfolio, Program and Project Management methodologies and full project lifecycle including documentation standards, risk, issue, assumptions and dependency management and change control processes.
• Familiarity with process modeling, workshop facilitation and business analysis.
• Competent use of Microsoft Office applications to include Microsoft Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Word.
• Strong financial services business acumen.
• Politically savvy and a strategic thinker.
• Master’s Degree
• PMI Certification
• Previous banking experience
• Agile experience is a plus
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F
Why Work with Us
At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
It is the policy of Citizens Bank and Citizens Securities, Inc. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries, and Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania.