Grant Thornton LLP Leadership Development Manager in Chicago, Illinois
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 42,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
GT Leadership Academy – Leadership Development Manager
The Grant Thornton Leadership Academy team has the opportunity to raise the standards and quality by which we build and manage our talent pipeline within the organization. This pipeline leader role will focus on leadingthe development and execution of the Sr. Manager Leadership Academy. The role willwork closely with the Senior Director, Leadership Development in driving processes to build the necessary leadership and managerial capability to support the current and future talent needs of Grant Thornton. He/she will liaise with regional P&C on talent identification, high potential definition, and program evaluation and evolution. The SMA Pipeline Leader will strategically support employee development and meet organizational development needs.
The ideal candidate will be: * A business-minded talent development professional with multiple years of increasingly responsible program management roles and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a culture that is collaborative, service-oriented, and consultative * Highly action-oriented, with a leadership style characterized by strong influencing skills; someone who is a change agent who can build collaborative relationships across a matrixed organization * A talent development professional who delivers services with a pragmatic approach to business partnership and operations * An effective coach and mentor with engaging and approachable personality to enlist the program team * Significant history of working successfully with all levels of staff, from front-line through senior executive * A proven expert in prioritization, delegation and negotiationwith demonstrated ability to be effective in supporting multiple stakeholders working in various locations across different business units * Confident with history of exhibiting strong personal initiative as someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done in a timely and consistent manner * Operationally focused with proven ability to deliver timely, consistent results * Metric-focused with ability and history of using analytics to solve problems and develop business solutions * Capable of leading a program “at scale” – managing multiple stakeholders, year-long scope, multiple work-streams, firm-wide scope
- Leads the broad strategy of the Sr. Manager Academy and its integration in the firm’s Leadership Pipeline
- Sets direction and oversees Academy improvements on a continual basis
- Oversees the project management, design, development and execution of the SMA
- Core management activities includingscope management quality management and stakeholder management
- Collaborates with internal clients and executive level stakeholders on key leadership development activities that build the leadership pipeline h
- Drives the implementation of Grant Thornton’s Integrated Talent Management planning process by: a) developing appropriate communications/ timetable and partnering on the execution, b) identifying high potential talent and key roles to drive appropriate succession planning, c) utilizing all available talent management tools in support of this process, and d) preparing/analyzing data to develop recommendations for further employee development
- Understands and utilizes key industry, business and organizational metrics to support the strategy of the firm, and the business priorities of GTLA
- Manages and monitors external vendors, to facilitate the design and delivery of leadership development plans.
- Builds and maintains relationships with external learning providers and vendors who will translate development needs into leadership development solutions
- Exceeds client expectations, drives accountability, supports development through implementation of solutions (learning and non-learning) in all modalities, on time and on budget
- Demonstrates proven ability and success with directing teams: supervising and/or influencing to create an atmosphere of trust and seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation
- Answers questions and provides direction to less-experienced staff; manages performance issues, coaches staff, and build relationships with experienced Managers, Directors, SMEs and Business Sponsors
- Works collaboratively to provide practical and targeted information/reporting to key stakeholders in a timely manner
- Demonstrates transparency, builds things once and shares them, seeks advice, feedback, openly and proactively shares feedback with others in the moment and across time
- Recognizes and articulates the value of one’s own contribution and the contributions of others regularly with appreciation
- Communicates value, influences unwilling audiences without authority
- Works with CPE Compliance Manager and design resources to ensure that all CPE worthy learning solutions comply with NASBA, PCAOB and other governing and regulatory body requirements
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- Bachelor's degree in business, organizational development or related field, Masters or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years of related experience in talent management, leadership development and/or human resources
- Knowledge of how professional service firms and their various business segments work, how they make a profit and what makes them successful
- Strong project and program management skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience in implementing successful solutions to produce behavior change and performance results.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to gather, analyze and extract data to identify trends and areas for improvement within the process.
- Independent self-starter with strong initiative and motivation to drive change within a process area.
- Ability torun meetings (status, design, info-gathering, close-out) and manage a portfolio of projects in one or more client business segments
- A reputation for discretion, integrity, judgment, responsiveness, strong attention to detail and common sense
- Strong verbal, written communication & presentation skills
- Solid PC skills with expert proficiency in MS Office – specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel and work OT on occasion
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.3 billion and operates 58 offices across the U.S., with more than 565 partners and 8,000 employees.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Leadership Development Manager
Requisition ID: 042288