Grant Thornton LLP Innovation Build Manager in Charlotte, North Carolina
Grant Thornton is a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm on the move! As part of a dynamic, global organization of more than 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Innovation Build Manager
Working as part of the Build Team within Grant Thornton’s Enterprise Innovation initiative, the Build Manager will work with other Build Team members and Solution Managers to manage delivery of solutions being implemented and deployed by third-party software developers and cloud service providers within Grant Thornton’s innovation delivery ecosystem. In this capacity, the Build Manager will provide day-to-day Agile project and stakeholder management support aimed at delivering, within cost and schedule budgets, solutions that fully support solution visions, as defined by Solution Managers and Innovation leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads Build Team responsible for performing project management, and solution quality assurance duties in support of the solution build delivery.
- Works with Solution Managers to collaborate with and, as necessary, resolve conflicts with third-party ecosystem partners supporting solution development and deployment.
- Demonstrates superior collaboration skills and techniques which appropriately define alternate solutions; resolves conflicts; and create lasting, productive partnerships with ecosystem.
- Leads efforts to develop methods to monitor project progress, costs, progress, and risks and helps implement corrective actions in coordination with Solution Managers.
- Leads Build Team efforts to establish, track, and report on project budget, project spend, resource allocations, and reserves; reports earned value and variances.
- Leads efforts to continuously improve project management tool kits used to execute, track, and report on innovation solution initiatives and improve collaboration with third parties.
- Works with Build Team to identify opportunities for solution delivery process improvement.
- Works with Build Team and Solution Managers to continuously monitor, identify, evaluate, remediate, track, and report on risks and issues; escalates issues and risk in a timely manner.
- Manages multiple ongoing 3rdparty ecosystem projects; cultivates relationships of ecosystem partner contacts to facilitate project outcomes and drive collaboration
- Continually works to remove and improve impediments to project success.
- Represents Grant Thornton in discussions with ecosystem partners; participates in stand-ups and other Agile ceremonies facilitated by ecosystem partners.
- Projects a credible, professional image when working with ecosystem partners to plan and execute solution projects; fosters and manages productive relationships with ecosystem.
- Promotes knowledge of the solution delivery team’s work and the work of the larger innovation initiative to gain and maintain support for ongoing and future innovation initiatives.
- Provides leadership, vision and direction setting for both the solution project team and innovation stakeholders; Uses solution strategy knowledge to plan and deliver success.
- Other duties as assigned.
o Bachelor’s degree in a related field or relevant equivalent experience required. o 5 years’ experience helping to manage and test agile IT projects as part of software development team and/or professional IT advisory service delivery organization. o Project Management Professional (PMP), Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), ScrumMaster (CSM), or similar project management certification. o Thorough understanding of modern Agiler project management and software quality assurance phases, techniques and tools. o Outstanding record of project management success, both in results achieved and in use of professional methodologies. o Able to work effectively and efficiently toward goals in a complex, diverse environment with multiple and changing demands; effective team leadership skills; passion for client service. o Professionally communicates (verbally and in writing), as needed, with innovation team members, clients, and leaders within all Grant Thornton service lines and industries. o Maintains a collegial and productive working relationship with teammates and clients; works effectively personnel at all levels to perform services and promote a culture of innovation. o Demonstrates superior inter-personal skills, conflict resolution, and negotiating skills. o Ability to work additional hours and travel to domestic client sites as needed. * * *BENEFITS* Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit http://www.gt.com/.
Title: Innovation Build Manager
Location: North Carolina-Charlotte
Requisition ID: 040132