Grant Thornton LLP Attest Services IT Senior Associate - Business Risk Services in Boston, Massachusetts
Grant Thornton is a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm on the move! As part of a dynamic, global organization of more than 42,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Business Risk Services – Attest Services IT, Senior Associate
Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients.
Business risk services protects value. Our Business Risk Services (BRS) practice includes Risk Advisory Services, Forensic Advisory Services and Data Analytics.
The Business Risk Services (BRS) Attest Services IT Senior Associates are responsible for delivering a full range of IT audit services to our clients, as well as all phases of assigned projects and engagement management for multiple clients. Responsibilities include the overall planning, direction and completion of information systems audits and business process control review engagements. This includes the development and supervision of assigned audit staff, and assisting in client management and related practice development activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Run client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing information systems audits and business process control reviews and managing to budget.
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on audit and review process and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; perform in-charge role as needed.
- Evaluate and test business processes and business controls and identify areas of risk.
- Apply current knowledge of IT trends and systems processes to identify security and risk management issues and other opportunities for improvement.
- Work with audit and assurance teams and the client to plan engagement strategy, define objectives, and address technology-related controls risks and issues.
- Execute assigned client engagements from start to completion, which includes the overall planning, execution, direction and completion of information systems audits and/or business process control reviews, and managing the engagements to budget.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of assigned client operations, processes and business objectives, and then utilize that knowledge on assigned engagements.
- Prepare Service Auditor Reports (SAR) in compliance with SSAE16
Participate in recruiting efforts as needed.
Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization)
Assist practice leadership in creating proposals, budgets, and work plans. Participate in other business development activities as appropriate
Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, MIS or related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
2 to 6 years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function servicing cross-industry clients at a national level.
CPA, CISA, CISSP, CIA or CISM license/certification preferred
Areas of expertise should include at least some of the following: access control software, security architecture and administration, Internet use/firewalls, network security awareness and enforcement, security policies and standards, operating systems (Windows NT/2000, UNIX, AS400, Novell).
Ability to supervise staff and lead projects.
MS Project is a plus.
Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
Strong leadership, recruiting, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills. Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel on a regular basis to clients as required.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit http://www.gt.com/ .
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenue in excess of $1.56 billion and operates 58 offices across the United States with more than 565 partners and 8,000 employees
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly and privately held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Attest Services IT Senior Associate - Business Risk Services
Requisition ID: 038764