Stryker Mako Product Specialist - Bethlehem, PA in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Provides clinical product support to all end users and provides on-site guidance and assistance during surgical procedures. Provides training, ongoing in-services, and customer education to assigned account(s). Provides feedback on product design to improve performance and customer satisfaction.
• Provides surgeons and operating room staff with training and Clinical/Technical support in the operation of the company's robotic arm applications, associated equipment and instruments to insure ideal placement and precision
• Uses proprietary software to prepare pre-operative CT scans for use in conjunction with the company's RIO/ Robotic Arm Interactive Orthopedic System, assists surgeon in preoperative implant planning, implant sizing and positioning
• Provides complete reports and associated metrics to management, direct supervisor and company's regulatory department detailing case reviews, services performed and recommendations for product, documentation and methodology improvements Maintains and controls local MAKO consigned equipment, instrument, implant and disposables inventories, processes sales orders and provides forecast input to District Sales Manager.
• Supports company road-show demonstrations and 'Showsite' visits to provide potential customers with opportunity to see product in use and appreciation of clinical value
• Trains physicians and hospital personnel, including OR staff, radiology and central sterile processing on the use of the RIO System, accessories, disposables and implants
• Provides prompt and accurate complaint reports per the requirements of MAKO’s quality system
• Solves product problems for customers in an expeditious manner
• Provides case coverage at unassigned accounts as needed
• Support the development and execution of the sales plan as well as grow the utilization of the RIO system by increasing volume with current and potential surgeons.
• Actively sell the clinical benefits of the products, and build strong, positive relationships with key surgeons and OR staff at targeted accounts.
• Collaborates with Sales Representatives and Marketing to increase public awareness.
• Obtains purchase orders for products consumed during surgical procedures and maintains and tracks consigned inventories of company's products.
• Partners with other cross functional teams in selling the clinical benefits of the company’s products, drive continuous account growth and case volume.
• Demonstrated ability to apply office technology (e.g., ERP systems and Microsoft Access, Excel and Word)
• Prefer 2+ years experience in a sales and/or technical environment (medical, pharmaceutical or healthcare industry)
• Applied knowledge of customer service principles and processes
• Applied knowledge of business administrative and clerical procedures and systems (e.g., word processing, file management and record maintenance)
• Demonstrated problem solving and interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and comprehend written specifications and to assist customers with product selections that will comply with those specifications
• Demonstrated detail orientation
• High School diploma. Prefer Bachelor’s Degree in business or a related technical field of study.
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better. The company offers innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. More information is available at www.stryker.com