General Motors Controls Engineer, Manufacturing - MAN0028277 in Bedford, Indiana
General Motors (NYSE: GM, TSX: GMM) is a globally renowned mobility technology company with roots tracing back to 1908. Today, with 215,000+ employees spread across 396 facilities in more than 100 countries around the globe, GM offers exciting careers designing, engineering and building some of the world’s most advanced vehicles and personal mobility solutions.
Our culture is centered on being Made For More. It’s a concept reflecting our constant pursuit and confident expectation for more out of life—for our company, for our planet, for our customers, and for ourselves. Because our work goes beyond making cars; it’s about allowing people greater access to and more meaningful interactions with the world around them.
As state-of-the-art technologies continue to transform the automotive industry, GM is committed to maintaining its position as an industry leader and establishing its innovative vision for the future of transportation. Learn more at http://careers.gm.com . Mission: Design, build and sell the world's best vehicles.
• Technical resource for plant electricians
• Supervise project installations by contractors and plant electricians
• Develop and plan electrical projects
• Analyze, troubleshoot, and diagnose electrical problems in manufacturing
• Design and modify electrical control circuits and programs
• Plan and forecast project spending
• Support and communicate GMS
• Leadership skills including planning, scheduling, and implementation of
project work by unionized plant trades or outside contractors.
• Experience with manufacturing process equipment, knowledge of system
engineering, software development & hardware integration.
• In-depth working knowledge of common controls architecture Rockwell
Automation Technology including PLC,HMI, Drive Controllers and
• Highly developed oral & written communication skills.
• High level of interpersonal skills with sensitivity to other's points of view & to
make contributions to the resolution of complex manufacturing problems.
• Demonstrated ability to listen to & support Team Members.
• Thorough understanding of planned and predictive maintenance and the
• Thorough understanding of GM Safety policies, specifications, and audit
• Ability to rotate all 3 shifts as required
• Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.