Stryker Orthopedic Support Specialist, Austin, Texas in Austin, Texas
Provide effective technical consultative service to customers before, during and after routine surgical cases
• Consistently ensure customer and patient satisfaction
• Apply product proficiency by ensuring customers understand technical specifications and on-label use of products
• Provide inventory management and invoicing support to customers and branch operations
Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide surgeons and clinical staff with technical information regarding the use of Stryker products prior to, during and/or after surgical procedures; respond to customer queries and requests.
• Provide consigned and owned inventory management support by delivering, organizing and monitoring inventory of implants and instruments at customer location.
• Attend and support routine primary surgical procedures.
• Effectively identify and troubleshoot product-related problems and/or issues related to a customer’s application of a product.
• Document every incident regarding product performance; assist in preparing reports regarding these product issues according to Company policy and governmental requirements.
• Assist in the return/addition of goods resulting from field service issues, stock adjustments, field actions, and administrative processes according to Company procedures.
• Ensure that products requiring maintenance and/or evaluation are returned to the branch in a timely manner.
• Under the direction of a manager, Sales Rep or Senior Orthopaedic Specialist, provide limited product training to colleagues and/or customers in both one-on-one and in-service settings.
• Support sales initiatives by assisting with technology upgrades.
• Interact with various internal stakeholders (e.g., marketing, product development) concerning products and product application.
• Successfully complete initial training/certification program for Orthopaedic Specialists and demonstrate proficiency in products routinely used in specific customer accounts.
• Maintain product/instrumentation knowledge and professional skills through internal training, external seminars and other available means.
• High School diploma. Prefer Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field of study.
• Prefer 2+ years as hospital and/or military surgical technician, nurse or other directly relevant position
• Demonstrated problem solving, interpersonal communication and teamwork skills, including the ability to deliver clear verbal messages regarding technical subjects
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex processes with high detail orientation
• Demonstrated ability to provide accurate, timely and effective customer service
• Demonstrated ability to utilize office systems (Microsoft Office)
• Prefer proficiency in order and inventory management system
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better. The company offers innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. More information is available at www.stryker.com