Grant Thornton LLP Jr Accountant Auditor in Austin, Texas
Grant Thornton is seeking an Associate to join its Financial Management Audit service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Works within a team of auditors/accountants and accounting technicians to conduct day-to day compliance monitoring procedures for the Client Public Assistance program. * Performing complex compliance testing of requests for reimbursement by Applicants to the Client Public Assistance program. * Preparing clear and concise workpapers and deliverables. * Represent the client to subgrantees at site visits, inspections, and other meetings. * Interacting with clients, subgrantees, and team members and reporting to project seniors and managers. * Coordinating the resolution of accounting and auditing issues with the client and subgrantees. * Ensuring that the compliance reviews, related system reviews, and internal control assessments are performed with technical proficiency, in a timely manner and in accordance with applicable professional standards. * Preparing reports to ensure findings and recommendations are objective, factual and in conformation with overall report-writing procedures and best practices. * Assist project manager(s) in administrative duties which could include, but not be limited to: budgeting, reporting, invoicing, and forecasting. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Strong analytical and detail-orientated skills.
- Ability to perform work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a rapidly changing environment.
- Highly proficient in MS Office Tools (Word, Excel), Business writing, Technical writing, Critical thinking and Problem solving.
- Demonstrated solid work ethic.
- Financial or account background (strongly preferred).
- FEMA Public Assistance or disaster recovery experience (preferred but not required).
- Federal Grants Management training or experience (preferred but not required).
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Jr Accountant Auditor
Requisition ID: 039118