Grant Thornton LLP Tax Reporting and Advisory (TRA) Senior Associate in Atlanta, Georgia
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Tax Reporting and Advisory (TRA) Sr. Associate
Grant Thornton’s responsive, partner-led Tax service teams help dynamic companies navigate complexity and grow with insightful, practical tax advice. In addition to tax professionals across the United States, our Washington National Tax Office provides deep technical knowledge and responsive support in local, state, federal and international tax. Our tax services include: compliance, human capital services, federal tax services, international tax services, state and local tax services, private wealth services, tax reporting and advisory, partnership taxation, not-for-profit tax, and mergers & acquisition tax services.
The TRA Senior Associate works closely with staff on all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients. The TRA team provides a variety of services to our clients in the areas of tax outsourcing, tax and finance optimization, tax technology and implementation as well as IFRS conversion.
The Tax Senior Associate is primarily responsible for reviewing income and non-income based taxes, statutory income compliance and consulting, transactional taxes, transfer pricing documentation and evaluation, reviewing the tax flow and tax functioning of our client’s operations, assisting in the evaluation and implementation of tax software and technology to increase efficiency as well as a variety of other job tasks depending on the engagement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Run client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects and managing to budget.
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on tax projects and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; perform in-charge role as needed.
- Review tax returns done by staff and make recommendations on return preparation regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities; gain increasing responsibility in review process.
- Prepare tax returns for more complex income tax clients.
- Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize tax-related software to prepare and process returns and research tax matters.
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- CPA preferred.
- Two to four years of progressive tax compliance and/or tax consulting experience; experience in public accounting is a plus.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites. Benefits:
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices across the U.S., with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the United States and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Tax Reporting and Advisory (TRA) Senior Associate
Requisition ID: 039705