Grant Thornton LLP Audit Associate in Arlington, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking Senior Associate to join its Financial Management Audit service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality. * Assist in the planning, execution, and completion of audit, examination, or consulting services. * Perform specific audit steps under the supervision of a more experienced auditor. * Communicate potential audit issues/findings to more senior Grant Thornton personnel in a timely manner * Create complete, accurate and detailed audit documentation to support work performed. * Work with audit team to identify client issues discovered during audit process. * Assist in the research and analysis of financial statements and audit issues utilizing electronic databases, and employ audit software to review and compile financial information. * Maintain a good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform audit services. * Participate in recruiting efforts as needed. * Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis. * Other duties as assigned. * Work with audit and assurance teams and the client to help plan engagement strategy, help define objectives, and help address technology-related controls risks. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Actively working towards an appropriate technical certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP).
- Secret Clearance required.
- Ability to travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Coach and mentor junior staff members.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Audit Associate
Requisition ID: 039882