General Motors District Manager Aftersales - SAL0012761 in Alpharetta, Georgia
This role has responsibility for executing“consultative” dealer contacts designed to achieve financial sales targets and drive core dealer processes that improve customer retention and fixed operation coverage. Key responsibilities include assisting dealer service and parts operation in the ordering, selling, and/or servicing product, with an emphasis on customer retention and service merchandising. Work involves a considerable amount of consultation and creativity, perception and initiative with wide latitude for independent action.
Key Job Requirements
- Thoroughly prepare for each standardized dealer contact by identifying dealer priorities/needs, reviewing relevant reports, and preparing an agenda that addresses GM’s and the dealer’s sales, retention and revenue priorities.
- Consult with dealership to increase the fixed operations overall customer retention and profitability and identify follow-up or action items for next contact.
- Achieve sales objectives for district by consulting with dealerships on how to grow their fixed operations.
- Focus one’s efforts on evaluating the parts department inventory management processes to eliminate waste, increase parts loyalty and profitability and improve efficiencies.
- Work with dealership to ensure systems and processes are in place to manage and process warranty claims according to GM policies & procedures.
- Focus one’s efforts on evaluating the dealership’s service customer experience based on customer data and observations and assist in continuous improvements / problem resolution to build customer loyalty, including customer satisfaction performance, mystery shops, service lead close rates, etc.
- Analyze marketing and merchandising plan, including dealership’s digital presence, against GM brand direction, current market trends and dealership’s customer needs to identify business opportunities.
- Set priorities to execute assigned responsibilities independently, and willingly takes on any task to grow fixed operations by acting as the dealerships trusted advisor.
- Stay abreast of changes in General Motors and industry to adapt quickly. Evaluate processes, systems and tools to make alterations.
- Integrate and communicate with all representatives that call on the dealership on behalf of GM to offer outstanding and cohesive support. For example: Work with your sales counterpart to create a dealer business plan and monitor progress to plan throughout the year
- Efficiently and effectively deal with customer needs and issues as they arise. Determine key issues and resolutions.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the competitive service environment within assigned markets.
- Ability to manage time and projects and measure/prioritize work effectively with limited supervision
Ability to develop and execute retail marketing plans , this is includes knowledge of the fundamentals of marketing – Product, Price, Place, Promotion