Grant Thornton LLP Workforce Analytics Project Manager in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Manager to join its Decision Analytics service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Manager will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Build workforce models using industrial engineering techniques. * Develop work breakdown structures (WBS) using interviews, direct observations, and research. * Use advanced business analysis and appropriate analytic tools to support development and presentation of results through visualization and scenario generators. * Gather workload data through a variety of direct and indirect methods including time and motion studies. * Analyze existing models and provide feedback to enhance model capability and usability. * Provide recommendations to clients on issues developed during the data gathering process. * Work with and within cross-functional teams to identify appropriate business solutions to client challenges. * Maintain good working relationships with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff to perform engagement services. * Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management. * Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work. * Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Act as performance manager (coach) for up to four coachees outside of engagement responsibilities. * Interview campus and/or experienced candidates.
- IE Project Manager preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree industrial engineering, operations research, mathematics, or other technical field; or similar experience
- Ability to apply industrial engineering techniques to business problems
- Experience using statistical packages, such as Minitab, Systat, Alteryx, MATLAB, SAS, R, SPSS, SQL, or python (preferred)
- Excellent writing skills.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and data modeling as well as Microsoft Word and Excel (preferred)
- At least 8 years progressive experience developing, performing and analyzing quantitative operational studies (such as time and motion studies).
- Experience reviewing, analyzing and developing models to report on and/or optimize cost, staffing, performance or operations.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing client operational data.
- Ability to develop recommendations for improving organizational effectiveness or efficiency based on data review findings or model outputs.
- Ability to develop reports detailing the analysis of data and next steps for implementing organizational improvements.
- Experience leading or working in a cross-functional team to identify appropriate business solutions to client challenges.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff to perform engagement services.
- Ability to translate analytical findings into context that non-technical clients can understand.
- Flexibility and willingness to address client ideas and feedback.
- Responsiveness to client and project manager requests.
- Good time and project management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, communications and presentation skills.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to work with technical teams and business users.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a project team.
- Experience in mentoring junior resources.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Coach and mentor junior staff members.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Workforce Analytics Project Manager
Requisition ID: 040917