Grant Thornton LLP Systems Analyst in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking an Associate to join its Technology Solutions service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * A Business/Systems Analyst must have experience working with and analyzing business requirements (epics, sub-epics, process flows etc.) in an Agile capacity and be familiar with the Software Development Lifecycle. * The BA/SA should also have knowledge of databases with SQL querying/troubleshooting for tier 2 help desk/technical support. * The BA/SA should have experience in working with customer requirements supporting design, development, implementation and technical support of web sites/pages/applications assuring the overall look and feel along with workflows that meet customer needs. * We are looking for a BA/SA with excellent communication skills who can work with key stakeholders/customers to provide technical support and assist with prioritization of requirements backlogs for rapid development. * For this position, experience and knowledge of Healthcare and the Department of Veterans Affairs is preferred. * The BA is preferred to have Microsoft Dynamics experience. * In addition, a Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification is preferred. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- 5 years and BA degree in computer science/other tech discipline is required (in lieu, 8 addl years of exp).
- Extensive experience in working with customer requirements - supporting creation of web sites/applications and providing technical database/systems support (e.g., tier 2 help desk) (Mandatory).
- Healthcare and/or VA experience (Preferred).
- Microsoft Dynamics (Preferred).
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) (Preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Systems Analyst
Requisition ID: 039139