Grant Thornton LLP Software Server Integration Service (SSIS)/ETL DB Engineer in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Technology Strategy & Management service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * A Software Server Integration Service (SSIS)/ETL DB Engineer has extensive experience and knowledge to design, code, test, debug and document software in a variety of programming languages. * Has the knowledge of the latest programming languages and techniques. * Has extensive experience in creating strategies for developing IT systems and applications. * Has experience in evaluating alternative approaches and selecting optimal approaches. * The candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, delivering and maintaining data warehouse and ETL solutions based on business requirements. * Responsibilities also include building and maintaining modular ETL applications that enable the flow of data between data sources. * Candidate will also develop database schemas, database procedures and functions, ETL, data loads and data extracts. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- 10 years of experience and a Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent
- Must have strong SSIS, ETL, DB, and SQL skills/knowledge.
- Healthcare or VA experience (Preferred).
- Software Server Integration Service Experience.
- In-depth Knowledge & Experience with the Extract, Transform, & Load DB Process.
- In-depth Knowledge & Experience DB Development.
- In-depth Knowledge & Experience with SQL Language
- In-depth Knowledge & Experience with SQL Server
- In-depth Experience with database backup configuration and management.
- Experience with Agile database design.
- Experience in design and development of IT architecture.
- Experience in creating diagrams and documentation with all components that comprise systems including network topology.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Software Server Integration Service (SSIS)/ETL DB Engineer
Requisition ID: 041264