Grant Thornton LLP Senior Travel Trainer in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Operations Transformation service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Present training programs using various delivery methods (both in-person and virtual). * Collaborate with teams and clients to develop training content and materials. * Conduct training on IT software, hardware, systems and networks. * Must be able to present training classes using a variety of different media and tools. * Participate in JRP and JAD sessions in order to understand business requirements. * Align business requirements with training documentation. * Work with client to understand current and future state business processes. * Develop an understanding of how future state business processes mean for the end user. * Communicate how business processes may change. * Willingness to travel up to 40% to client sites across the country to deliver training. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Must have experience in conducting training programs, presenting training materials, and interacting directly with clients.
- Must have experience in conducting training on IT software, hardware, systems and networks.
- Must be able to present training classes using a variety of different media and tools.
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience using various training techniques.
- Experience leading training sessions with clients.
- Previous consulting experience Preferred
- Experience within Veterans Affairs or other federal agencies Preferred
- Training or facilitation certifications Preferred
- Experience leading training teams and with training software Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Senior Travel Trainer
Requisition ID: 042945
Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP Jobs