Grant Thornton LLP Senior Test Engineer in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its IT Advisory service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. Our public sector team members find solutions that help government leaders with issues including acquisitions, financial management, human capital, information technology and performance management in federal, state, local and international governments.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Coordinate with test sites and other team participants to plan test events. experience in creating reports. * Tracks problems and reports on errors that are identified. * Manage the defect database under the guidance of senior QA engineers. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials
- A Senior Test Engineer must have experience working with developers, end users and organizations to create test plans and test scripts.
- Experience in creating reports.
- Must have experience with configuring necessary hardware and operating environments as needed to complete assigned testing.
- Must have comprehensive technical expertise on IT products, operating systems, software, hardware, systems and networks and specialized environments.
- Must have experience in writing or assisting in the development of test plans and test procedures.
- Must have experience with both manual and automated testing using software such as Jira, ALM, RTC QM or related testing software.
- Comprehensive technical expertise on IT products, operating systems, software, hardware, systems and networks and specialized environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Senior Test Engineer
Requisition ID: 038646