Grant Thornton LLP Senior Records Management Analyst in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Strategy service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Document Vital Records processes and create a plan to evaluate and update Vital Records inventory for each of 29 components * Schedule and conduct annual inventories component offices * Integrate Vital Records function into agency level Continuity of Operations * Establish, plan, schedule and integrate mandatory Records Management (RM) training requirements, curriculum and training including development of formal training materials * Conduct analysis of the records management capabilities of current and planned information systems and provide recommendations as to the Government's preparation for electronic records management * Plan and schedule the implementation of electronic Records Management Applications * Develop strategy, processes, procedures to implement records management of electronic records, develop migration strategies for electronic records including internal controls * Conduct analysis of records management capabilities of current and planned information systems * Provide technical support and guidance for electronic records stored in repositories, systems, and applications * Incorporate records management controls into the design, development, and implementation of electronic information systems * Develop strategy to integrate RM staff in the design, development and implementation of new electronic systems including procument processes and procedures for identification, storage, analysis, and reporting performance measures * Identify performance measures for records management activities such as training, records scheduling, permanent records transfers, etc. * Capture and analyze performance measures for Records Management program * Identify corrective actions * Document processes, train 29 component offices, execute function, conduct evaluation of compliance, identify & conduct performance measures for: * Prepare briefings for Senior Officials on the status of the RM program * Conduct ongoing evaluation of compliance to full lifecycle records management activities * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Bachelors degree required.
- 10 years of experience
- Eligible for CBP Clearance
- DHS CBP Experience preferred
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Senior Records Management Analyst
Requisition ID: 042035