Grant Thornton LLP Senior IT Business Analyst in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Technology Strategy & Management service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
Note: This role is located in College Park, MD
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * The Business Analysis / Requirements function provides expertise to identify and articulate business needs across the agency. * Business analysis is used to define not only the business requirements but also the solutions that will maximize the value delivered to the stakeholders. * Business Analysts are responsible for Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring, Requirements Elicitation, Requirements Analysis, Requirements Documentation, Requirements Quality Assurance (Review and Validation), and Requirements Management. * Business Analysts will work directly with the Quality Management Division’s (IQ) Requirements Team and Client stakeholders to document business requirements, solution requirements (e.g., stakeholder and system requirements), use cases, user stories, and business process diagrams. * In addition, Business Analysts will support Requirements Quality Assurance by reviewing and validating requirements work products, and will use the IQ Management System (IQMS) to document and manage requirements for IT projects. * The Communications function serves as the point of contact for all communications activities in the Office of Information Services. * The goals of this function are to: Strengthen Information Services’ communication operations, reinforce Client’s Information Technology vision and strategy, gain momentum on internal communication strategies, help facilitate two-way communication and engage internal and external stakeholders, assess existing communication practices and identify gaps and help document streamlined communication processes. * The Technical Writing function provides support for the creation of project and program artifacts, user manuals and other supporting documents in an effort to communicate complex and technical information more easily. * They also develop, gather, and disseminate technical information among staff, customers and stakeholders. * The Information Services Training function provides for the standardized method of planning, implementation, and oversight of IT training associated with Clients’s Information Service’s initiatives. The number of initiatives, projects, and work products requiring IT Training Support will vary over time. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Eight (8) years or more of relevant hands-on experience in a Business Analyst (BA) role.
- Four (4) years or more experience running requirements elicitation meetings.
- Able to resolve highly complex requirements conflicts through effective stakeholder engagement.
- Works proactively to resolve issues.
- Able to effectively present options and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Experience with requirements management and analysis tools.
- Significant experience as a BA on an IT contract for a Federal agency.
- Significant experience as a BA on a project that used the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Senior IT Business Analyst
Requisition ID: 040275