Grant Thornton LLP Portfolio Management Analyst in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking an Associate to join its Enterprise Technology Strategy service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Provide direct project portfolio support to IT Account Manager (ITAM) within the Account Management Office. * Support the ITAM and assist the client business lines with development of succinct problem statements, capture of data to support developing Agile-based epic statements, program analysis, or recommendations as required. * Provide facilitation during portfolio reviews in varying levels of support with both the Program Office and Resource Management office. * Facilitate engagement review meetings with various client stakeholders and with Business Partners through development of required agendas that support data gathering and analysis of portfolio/product focused issues and resolution objectives as defined by the program outcomes. * Support the ITAM and assist the client business lines with development of succinct problem statements, capture of data to support developing Agile-based epic statements, program analysis, or recommendations as required. * Support developing prioritized Portfolio/Projects on behalf of the business partners, in all aspects of the PPBE process, to include Multi-year Programming, Formulation, and Execution. * Conduct assessments and reviews of project artifacts associated with new or updated initiatives that are received through various channels * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- 2 years of IT development/management, portfolio, financial, and/or budgetary experience
- Experience managing business requests for IT development
- Experience researching/ gathering data and developing presentations/ white papers
- Experience as a liaison between business and IT (BRM framework)
- Experience justifying/defending programs and budgets
- Ability to adapt quickly to client demands
- Industry experience in the following areas: Federal, Healthcare, Professional Services, Information Technology-Government Contractor
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
- Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Portfolio Management Analyst
Requisition ID: 043248
Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP Jobs