Grant Thornton LLP Junior IT Workforce Planner in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking an Associate to join its Strategy service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: IT Workforce Planning & Reporting: * Analysis and identification of skills needed by IT personnel to fulfill Client’s current and future needs. This includes the identification of deficiencies as well as recommendations on training and educational programs. * Development and maintenance of talent strategies to recruit, hire, and train the IT workforce. * Identification of IT workforce trends. * Succession planning for the Client workforce based on changes in technology as well as attrition. Workforce Analysis & Reporting: * Data collection and analysis of the demographics of the current IT workforce; use of contractors with and in lieu of Federal employees; position descriptions and task assignments; and employee skills and job responsibilities. * Assist in the evaluation of Client workplace staffing standards, and supervision, among other human resource considerations. * Assist with the review of Client workforce recruitment, retention, morale and communications efforts. * Assist in the assessment of Client competency skills and identification of training opportunities for the development of the IT workforce through an IT career path. *Strategic Human Capital Planning & Reporting: * * Developing project plans and implementing IT Strategic Objectives to create a High-Performing IT Workforce. * Developing status briefings for leadership to report on project status. * Creating a strategic workforce planning capability for Client. * Ensure alignment of Human Capital Strategic Plan with organizational plans as needed. * Support review of Employee Performance Management Program and ensure the on-time development of senior leadership performance plans. * Provide HR Database validation, reporting, and support data calls as needed. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Microsoft Visio, Excel, and MS Project experience preferred. Collaboration/communication, critical thinking, and problem solving are important, along with the ability to prepare and present information in a high-level format for leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Junior IT Workforce Planner
Requisition ID: 040069