Grant Thornton LLP IT Auditor in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Financial Management Advisory and Assurance service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. Our public sector team members find solutions that help government leaders with issues including acquisitions, financial management, human capital, information technology and performance management in federal, state, local and international governments.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Apply IT knowledge for a major intelligence agency in the IT Audit area of expertise. Evaluate and test business processes, related controls and identify areas of risk. Apply current knowledge of IT trends and systems processes to identify security and risk management issues and other opportunities for improvement. * Work with audit and assurance teams and the client to plan engagement strategy, define objectives, and address technology-related controls risks and issues. * You will also perform general computer and application controls reviews in accordance with GAO’s FISCAM methodology. * Develop and review Service Auditor Reports (SAR) for compliance. * Work with the team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during audit and review process. * Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements, and get a chance to gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- TS/SCI CI Poly clearance required.Advanced written, verbal, and analytic skills.
- 4 years of experience in the areas of IT audit, IT controls assessment, and/or Sox 404 evaluation and testing.
- Experience with Audit firm.
- BS Accounting, Computer Information Systems, or Management Information Systems is preferred.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Experience under AICPA, GAO, and GAGAS audit standards preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Federal audit methodology and standards such as FISCAM, FISMA and NIST special publications.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: IT Auditor
Requisition ID: 040062