Grant Thornton LLP IS Senior Auditor in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Risk Advisory service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Execute IT testing as directed by Senior Associates, Managers, etc. * Evaluate client documentation to support controls. * Schedule meetings, participate in client meetings, and take extensive notes. * Document minutes and design / operational effectiveness of controls. * Work with Senior Associates and Managers to determine proper information assurance treatment of various issues that arise during an IT audit. * Communicate on a daily basis with client management and process owners. * Develop workpapers and client deliverables * Review and evaluate risk, document and assess key controls, document and assess process flows and identify significant information assurance issues * Communicate to senior associates and Grant Thornton management potential information system issues * Identify and communicate information assurance matters to senior associates, managers and partners. * Assist in the development of proposals and thought leadership documentation. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information systems or accounting.
- Desire to obtain CISA CPA or CISSP certification.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: IS Senior Auditor
Requisition ID: 040182